HTM GTL8 tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

NJTFAN1235!

Re: HTM GTL8 tram

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 08:14 Update: A new version of the "TramNL.000" add-on (now including the GTL8) has been created. Now testing this.
Good luck sir!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

A PDF with an overview of the GTL8 variants, and the other trams in the TramNL add-on: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PMf1wV ... sp=sharing
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Nextor162

Post by Nextor162 »

When are the GTL to be release?
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

When it's ready :P
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
Nextor162

Post by Nextor162 »

Funny
CraftyJayden

Post by CraftyJayden »

Nextor162 wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 17:34Funny
Is it funny if its true?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Could be tomorrow, could be next week. It's almost done.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Small update: I thought of two little bonus options to add to the GTL fleet... So that's why it takes a few days more then planned earlier. Release will come soon, when I've finished. ;)
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Typically Sjoerd, always good for a surprise. 😅😎
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Two fictional bonus vehicles have been added;

First, a GTL8 trailercar, inspired by the HTM 2100 PCC series. These were PCC trams without driver position, used only as last car in a two or three car formation. The front of these PCC cars looked the same as the back side.

This GTL8-I tram is modeled as a standard GTL8, but without driver position and with a front looking like the back. There are emergency driver controls on both ends (open the box with Shift+X from passenger views 1 / 2). This vehicle is intended to function coupled behind a normal GTL8 tram. There are 3 units available (9001-9003).

Second, as I had just created a mirrored version of the end carriage to make the GTL8 trailer, I was thinking "if I do that for the front carriage too, I can create a left-traffic version of the tram". So I did that too.

Ofcourse you can use the trailer combined with this left-hand GTL8 too; just spawn it in reverse behind this one.
Also, if you couple the left-hand traffic GTL8 in reverse back-to-back with a normal GTL8, you in effect have a bidirectional consist (only it just has doors on one side).

Note: In order to make the trailercar function, the couplers on this tram do transmit signals between vehicles (for example for the opening of the doors). So even though it is not an option in real life, the simulator will allow you to run with coupled vehicles in passenger service (instead of just towing a defective vehicle).

I just have top update the script to make the 000-database out of it and see if all is working well, and then I'll release it. ;)