Small things I would like to suggest

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

TS_Trainspotter

Small things I would like to suggest

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

Hi everyone, I have been playing metro sim for a while now, and I found some small fixes or additions that (in my opinion) could be added. Of course I am not asking nor begging for these, just suggesting maybe for future versions ;)

1) Rijndam Westplein switches: when entering the Westplein sidings, with the CVL set correctly there is a bug that sends you to station Blaak instead of the sidings, and if siding R92 is occupied a train on siding R91 would not receive a proceed aspect even if the path is set right.

2) A small thing but a great addition: since Rijndam 1.4, you cannot go from Molenwijk track 1 (RR terminus) to the right track towards Vierdijk/Airport anymore. You can go on the left track, but that occupies the section all the way to Vierdijk (I usually stop freight trains at Molenwijk track 1 to let passenger ones pass by). A switch would make life easier.

3) Me and a friend are organising a timetable for Rijndam Railways 2022 with a lot of variations (e.g. Denia-Molenwijk direct services for school kids at 7am and 2pm and freight trains), and I would personally like adding a sort of 'fiddle yard' (a few tracks to store freight trains that are not in service and not visible) in the Buitenvelden tunnel loop. I know this is the most difficult one, but im my opinion it would be a cool feature.

4) Last but not least, for now, I would like to have a few spawn points in Rijndam Railways 2022 that are not existing: Bergenseweg Harbour siding, Vierdijk Industrie electrified tracks, Rijndam Airport and Hondwijk Industrie Cargo Loop tracks (run around).

I hope I suggested something interesting, I will maybe add some things to this post in the future, thanks!
Sjoerd

Re: Small things I would like to suggest

Post by Sjoerd »

In short term, there are no Rijndam updates planned.

Note on point 2: there was never a connection from Rijndam Molenwijk track 1 to go towards RIjndam Airport/Vierdijk (unless you start driving left all the way).
I actually Added switch in v1.4 to create the possibility (for the first time) of reversing at Rijndam Molenwijk from the Vierdijk/Airport directions, but you need to use Molenwijk track 2 for this. In this case you can make a custom CTD file for your activity, in which you direct through traffic to track 1, so you can use track 2 as a reversing track.

Note on point 4:
Spawnpoint Bergenseweg railway sidings:
  • B16
  • B16b
  • B17
Spawnpoint Vierdijk Industrie electrified tracks: You can already do this by using the Vierdijk track 1 spawnpoint; as you can get to the Industrie sidings from there with a switch in the straight position, you can simply give up a distance from the spanpoint to get you train to appear there. In this case, that would have to be a negative distance.

Example:

Code: Select all

<consist start="VDK1" position="-600">
   <train pack="RijndamRail" file="NS1700.xml"><pantographs raised="true"/></train>
  </consist>

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

Thanks for the thoughts!

Point 2) for some reason I thought there was a switch, lol

Point 4) I was wondering about the harbour sidings, in Bergenseweg facing towards Westplein and turning left, there was once a spawnpoint in Rijndam 1985, but it isn't there anymore unfortunately

Note for the 'spawnpoint offset': I never knew this existed, thanks ;)
NJTFAN1235!

Post by NJTFAN1235! »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 May 2020, 13:08 In short term, there are no Rijndam updates planned.

Note on point 2: there was never a connection from Rijndam Molenwijk track 1 to go towards RIjndam Airport/Vierdijk (unless you start driving left all the way).
I actually Added switch in v1.4 to create the possibility (for the first time) of reversing at Rijndam Molenwijk from the Vierdijk/Airport directions, but you need to use Molenwijk track 2 for this. In this case you can make a custom CTD file for your activity, in which you direct through traffic to track 1, so you can use track 2 as a reversing track.

Note on point 4:
Spawnpoint Bergenseweg railway sidings:
  • B16
  • B16b
  • B17
Spawnpoint Vierdijk Industrie electrified tracks: You can already do this by using the Vierdijk track 1 spawnpoint; as you can get to the Industrie sidings from there with a switch in the straight position, you can simply give up a distance from the spanpoint to get you train to appear there. In this case, that would have to be a negative distance.

Example:

Code: Select all

<consist start="VDK1" position="-600">
   <train pack="RijndamRail" file="NS1700.xml"><pantographs raised="true"/></train>
  </consist>

Um, question, how will i make trains arrive on track 1?