Troubles with my activity

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

HOY3

Troubles with my activity

Post by HOY3 »

I'm editing the M1 Rush hour service activity, but it seems that I made a mistake somewhere, resulting in the activity not starting.
Here are the ctd and the act file I edited:
Ctd: https://filehorst.de/d/epizDhdE
Act: https://filehorst.de/d/eJBboyHb

Many thanks in advance for the help you'll provide me!
HexxOP

Re: Troubles with my activity

Post by HexxOP »

Hello HOY3,
Just took a quick look at it, you simply forgot to open the "consists" element opening.
You need to add <consists> on a new line between </controldata> and <consist start="RWD1">. :)
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

I KNEW that it was something stupid like that. Thank you HexxOP!
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Haha, no worries.
To easily spot that type of error you can use a XML validator online, just like https://codebeautify.org/xmlvalidator, you just copy/past your file and it point out eventual errors. ;)
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

I used it, but it showed an error on </consists> and </activity>...
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Yup. :)
Error : InvalidTag
Line : 2970
Message : Closing tag 'activity' is expected inplace of 'consists'.
It means that you have a closing tag </consists> while you didn't open a <consists>, then it supposes you wanted to close the last tag left open until now, here : <activity>.

Even though the formulation is not that clear, at least you know it's a format error, and if there is a format error, the Sim can't read it, which is why the map opens empty.
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

That time, the activity is running but not perfectly as intended. Here are my files:
- The act
- The ctd

My problems are the following:
- When the 5513NX comes from HTW to reach RCS2, even if the junction is setted up, I get a 20 permissief
- The 5523KC starts at 7:56 and not at 8:00 as intended, and junction with block 215 is not setted up at the departure hour (I guess it's linked)

Thanks in advance
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

Hmm, I tried running it, I admit I don't really get what you're trying to do, maybe you can provide a few hints on what should be happening ?

As I let il run by itself (starting the MF77 from MLW manually once it's stoped at station) :
- All trains numbered 4###XX are stacking at junctions BSM and NDP2
- 6155TB is entering line 6 without advancing, therefore blocking this line too.
- A train numbered 7326AC is blocked at Centraal track 6, therefore blocking lines 2/3 and 5513KC, witch blocks line 1 afterward.

→ First advice would be to clean what's not necessary for the moment.
What I always do, is testing every single <route> by itself, on an empty map, so I can check the train stop where I want it to, it allows to rectify timetables if needed, and if you're modifying junctions behaviors, it allows to check that everything is okay and in case it's not, what trains may be the cause.

About the 5523KC, this is an issue I already faced before.
The first thing to look at is the junction code to see under what conditions a path is automatically built.
Here, for a train starting at the tailtrack (201) we have :

Code: Select all

<autoblock start="201">
     <start>201</start>
     <end end="102" free="102"/>
     <end end="202" free="202"/>
    </autoblock>
Which we can translate as :
When any train is on 201,
If 102 (aka platform 1) is free, build a path to 102.
Else, if 202 (aka platform 2) is free, build a path to 202.
Else, retry checking those conditions until one is fulfilled.

In other words, the sim isn't even checking what train it could be, any single train on that block would trigger it.
Here, at start, a train is arriving on platform 1, therefore, the second condition is the one to be fulfilled, the sim build the path 201 → 202 immediately.

In order to have the simulator build a path at a certain time, we need to set up the junction so it tries to build this path, when the timetable is needing it to. (Just like on MLW platforms, where trains are reversing, paths are made only near departure time).
Here, it would be :

<autoblock start="201">
     <start depart="MLWK" timetable="30">201</start>
     <end end="102" free="102"/>
     <end end="202" free="202"/>
    </autoblock>
Where the addition is basically saying "try to build this path when a train is on 201, and it's timetable says it should depart from MLWK in 30 seconds or less".

The important thing is now to have a <route> starting at MLWK. (for instance, the already in the cdt file "9-MK", being only a route from the tailtrack to the platforms. From there you can have your train starting from MLW just as usual.
For instance :

<train code="551">
     <duty code="551-3" number="551#KM" route="9-KM" time="08:00:00" ai="true"/>
     <duty code="551-3" number="551#MC" route="1-MC" time="08:01:00" ai="true"/>
    </train>
Hope it's not too blurry to be understandable and it helps. :roll:
Anyway, yeah, start by putting this train alone, just build up at least a whole loop to test it out, and if it works, simply copy past it into your activity. ;)
HOY3

Post by HOY3 »

HexxOP wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 18:44 Hmm, I tried running it, I admit I don't really get what you're trying to do, maybe you can provide a few hints on what should be happening ?
551-3: MLW depot -> RCS without passengers and then circular service
552-3: RCSK -> RCS and then circular service
HexxOP wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 18:44 - As I let il run by itself (starting the MF77 from MLW manually once it's stoped at station) :
- All trains numbered 4###XX are stacking at junctions BSM and NDP2
- The MF77 starting at MLW is normally supposed to work correctly
- Didn't touch them but I supposed they're just waiting because the activity is begining ten minutes before they used to
HexxOP wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 18:44 - 6155TB is entering line 6 without advancing, therefore blocking this line too.
- A train numbered 7326AC is blocked at Centraal track 6, therefore blocking lines 2/3 and 5513KC, witch blocks line 1 afterward.
I didn't touch any of those trains or junctions
HexxOP wrote: 30 Jul 2023, 18:44 About the 5523KC, this is an issue I already faced before.
MLW junction is working perfectly.

Train 551 is supposed to go without passengers from Molenwijk depot to Central Station.
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

MLW junction is working perfectly.
Well the fact that the train from the tailtrack goes to the station platform before letting the empty train pass is linked to the junction behavior.
But if it works as you wanted to then I didn't get what you mean by :
- The 5523KC starts at 7:56 and not at 8:00 as intended, and junction with block 215 is not setted up at the departure hour (I guess it's linked)
About the first question (20 perm), I don't know, because as every train end up blocked I can't really reproduce the issue to try understand what may be the cause.