[WIP] Paris RATP MF77 metro

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Citadis

Re: [WIP] Paris RATP MF77 metro

Post by Citadis »

Sjoerd wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 10:27
So... You prefer a rolling destination display instead of the 2-destination light indicator?
It would make it more flexible in the simulator (capable of showing a lot more destinations), but it would not be like how it is in reality.
I did not say that. That's true that my exemple looks like a rollband because in my idea, it could work the same way as a destination display
It could work more like the interior line displays of MP89, MF67, or MP73
Sjoerd wrote: 31 Mar 2023, 10:27 Currently, I have created a system where you can have 6 sets of destinations (6 sets of "both destinations dark", "top destination illuminated" and "bottom destination illuminated") for each map. But as with this system, it would still only be realistic to use one 'set' at the time, each specific train can only run on one line.
I think you mainly described what I have thinked about.
So, for me, the 'sets' could be selected by the destination display selector ( Num * and Num / )

I hope I have been clear in what I sayed :)
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Citadis wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 09:09 It could work more like the interior line displays of MP89, MF67, or MP73
Which have already been installed above the doors in the interior of these MF77 carriages ;)
Citadis wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 09:09 I think you mainly described what I have thinked about.
So, for me, the 'sets' could be selected by the destination display selector ( Num * and Num / )
It's build in exactly like that ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

cuphead1234 wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 11:13 is it possible to connect the mf77 with the mf 67?
in real life no

in the sim yes 🤔
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In real life, they can be coupled as they have the same coupler under the front buffer. However, this coupler is only usefull to tow away another train; there is no electrical connection.
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

HexxOP wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 19:33 Waow, it's been more than a year now, a little update then !

As the MF77 is slowly being exported ...

Another train could, in a not too distant future, start showing it's prototype snaky features around Simvliet. :)

As it's a proto, it's equiped with 3 different types of intercirculations between cars, and 2 versions of (almost) unique mono axle 'bogies'.

I'll admit I'm pretty happy with this one as there is not that much informations about it on the internet. :P
Hope you're as hyped as I am, should be getting back to you soon (for real this time).
I thought Rijndam would be better cause there are 3rd rail only lines there
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Isahh wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 16:00 I thought Rijndam would be better cause there are 3rd rail only lines there
I'd advise City of Thames... The Paris MF-type metro's use top-contact powerrails. Fits better then the bottom-contact powerrails used in Rijndam and Simvliet. ;)
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

Sjoerd wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 16:40
Isahh wrote: 06 Apr 2023, 16:00 I thought Rijndam would be better cause there are 3rd rail only lines there
I'd advise City of Thames... The Paris MF-type metro's use top-contact powerrails. Fits better then the bottom-contact powerrails used in Rijndam and Simvliet. ;)
offtopic question but do you have any opinions on the question if MSB got it's respective country?
HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

The BOA will have a variant with a panto, as one were mounted to run tests under overhead wire lines (outside the Paris Metro Network). :)

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Is there any footage of the BOA 001 in movement? There's barely any info on this peculiar train on the internet, besides a Wikipedia article in French. What an odd thing, especially the gangway made of two separate frames with windows and three cushions.