RailDetail - RET Metro Objects

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: RailDetail - RET Metro Objects

Post by luka23 »

Amazing! Will you also do the outside or just the part that's underground?
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

luka23 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:56 Amazing! Will you also do the outside or just the part that's underground?
What raises questions for me is he only builds the Calandlijn with the underground stations or also the Erasmuslijn with the different stations.

Especially since I'm not sure if he also has to rebuild the Erasmuslijn stations, because I'm not Dutch, I don't know if the Erasmuslijn stations look different in 1982 than in 1968.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

There isn’t a point in building anything other than the platforms. It’d just decrease fps for no reason as you don’t see them when driving
Leipzig_LP

Post by Leipzig_LP »

Jim2016 wrote: 10 Mar 2023, 18:15 There isn’t a point in building anything other than the platforms. It’d just decrease fps for no reason as you don’t see them when driving
I didn't mean anything else either 😅.
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
remy

Post by remy »

I do wonder what's inside all the technical spaces at Blaak station. Do you happen to have a map or a drawing of the spaces?
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Ok so it's been a while :oops: Things were supposed to be finished back in March, but easier said than done... At first building the RET metro objects into the simulator turned out to be a lot more work than expected due to the way both the .X file exporter and route editor handle things. Namely the stations. Some are easy to build others require a lot of energy. Another time consuming thing is checking if everything is correct. But yes that's the cost of building a real world route especially with somewhat complex editing tools. Second I switched to a new PC and it took me some time to migrate and install everything. So I couldn't reply until now. All I did was check the forums. But it's all good now ;)

I still wish to answer the following:
luka23 wrote: 09 Mar 2023, 21:56 Amazing! Will you also do the outside or just the part that's underground?
Except for Gerdesiaweg, just the underground parts. Like Jim2016 stated, a lot of unnecessary extras as that would require scenery.

HexxOP

Post by HexxOP »

It's of course a very long process but you can already be proud, everything looks really neat, the feeling is there !
Looking forward to seeing the future additions. :)
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 21:37 That's a lot of images i tell you! It takes a while to scroll but nice screenshots. i sometimes think otherwise.
It doesn't help tho when people reply to posts and don't remove the images from the reply bit. You end up seeing the posts twice ;)
MG2 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 16:07 But it's all good now ;)
Very nice stations there, it doesn't matter how long it takes to post new updates, the good thing about this community is the collective understanding that lives matter and releases are very far between :)
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Isahh

Post by Isahh »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 22:53
NJTFAN1235! wrote: 08 Sep 2023, 21:37 That's a lot of images i tell you! It takes a while to scroll but nice screenshots. i sometimes think otherwise.
It doesn't help tho when people reply to posts and don't remove the images from the reply bit. You end up seeing the posts twice ;)
MG2 wrote: 07 Sep 2023, 16:07 But it's all good now ;)
Very nice stations there, it doesn't matter how long it takes to post new updates, the good thing about this community is the collective understanding that lives matter and releases are very far between :)
Isn't that just common sense?
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

NJTFAN1235! wrote: 09 Sep 2023, 08:44 i don't know how to remove photos ok...
When in the editor, there may be [img] tags, basically them to remove images
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains