Moderator: senjer

Tiesder

Re: Amsterdam S1/S2 & S3/M4

Post by Tiesder »

Nice work, Sjoerd!
OVC-Games

Post by OVC-Games »

What systems will be in these trains? ATB + ZUB or only ATB? If both systems are installed, they will fit in well with the service on line D in simvliet.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The Amsterdam metro network used ZUB until recently, and are now using a CBTC system (Communications based train control).
So for the Metrosimulator version, I am installing ATB and ZUB, and the "2021" versions (Rnet livery and repaint-version) of the S1/S2 and S3/M4 will have the additional CBTC screens in the cabview, which displays the same as the center screen in the M5 trains.
The trains with the CBTC screen will also be usable on the City of Thames and Central Line maps, just like the M5 (which is extra fictional ofcourse, as those maps use the 4-rail top-contact power system, which these trains are really not compatible with... :lol: ).

They will not be ideal for line D in Simvliet; the maximum speed is only 70 km/h, so especially on the long section between cities, they will not be able to keep up to the timetable.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Johannes713

Post by Johannes713 »

Will the S1/S2/S3 have there mirrors? I know mirrors dont have any use in the sim.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'm not sure yet. Complication is that they are connected to the driver cabin doors, which are already animated parts. So I might put them on, but then I don't think I can animate them (linked to the passenger door animation).

But I'll direct my attention to creating the S3/M4 cabviews first (and updating the S1/S2 cabviews, as new information indicated I forgot one small display in the cab, which also needs to be programmed).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I just build the cabview for the S3/M4. This is the 'more advanced' version, with the CBTC screen build in. There is also a version without this screen (in which case the analog speedometer is located in the middle of the panel).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am currently working on providing a repaintable version of the S3/M4 metro, just like I did earlier with the S1/S2.

Meanwhile... Here are the images of the trains for the bottom of the screen, made my making screenshots of the trains at a 90 degree angle from a distance;

S1/S2:

S3/M4:
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Only now you realize how similar the original and R-NET liveries are on the S1/S2…
Cirkellijn

Post by Cirkellijn »

Can't wait to use all those trains on Simvliet's line D and Rijndam's M1 section to Panbos. They should fit perfectly on there. 😄
A Tram is good, but a Metro is better! 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

As I said before; they will not do well on Simvliet line D, especially on the section between Zoutplas and Simvliet; they have a maximum speed of only 70 km/h, so they would not be able to keep up with the timetable. However, they could be used as extra services between Hageningen Strandboulevard and Zoutplas Centrum.
I did find a mention that when delivered, these trains were "Ordered for 70 km/h, but prepared for 100 km/h", but I did not find any mention that the maximum speed was ever actually raised to 100 km/h.