NZH A600

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

NZH A600

Post by Sjoerd »

Time to show you the next vehicle. :D

A historic tram of the NZH again. This time the A600 series. The first articulated tram of the Netherlands.
The NZH ordered 10 of these, build by Beijnes and delivered in 1932, for use on the Haarlem - Leiden route. Haarlem did not allow tramcars longer then 10 meters in the city center, so the AB500 series could not be used. Therefore, the NZH came up with an articulated tram, of which each section was below the 10 meter limit, and both sections carrying a different vehicle number (so to comply with the rules, they were officially two coupled tramcars).

When the Haarlem - Leiden line ended operation, these trams where used on the The Hague - Leiden - Katwijk/Noordwijk route, until the NZH tram network was replaced by buses on 9 november 1961.

Late 1950's, in Leiden

In Metrosimulator:

The model has been made in Sketchup by Johan, who also made the Sketchup objects for the earlier NZH A500 series trams. I am converting it for Metrosimulator, and ofcourse animating it.

Yes I know... the wrong coupler type for this tramtype. Will replace that later...

The articulation, and the different vehicle numbers to comply with the rules of Haarlem.

Yes, it's bidirectional too. ;)

In 2024 this tram type is expected to carry passengers again for the first time since 1961, as at the NZH museum in Haarlem, a fully functional replica of the last tram (the A619/A620) is currently being build, based on original drawings from the archives. It is planned to run on the The Hague tram network when it's finished; https://denieuweblauwetram.nl/

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Leipzig_LP

Re: NZH A600

Post by Leipzig_LP »

New vehicles in the MSB are like a quartet you never know which city or transport company will be completed next 😂

Please take it with humor
Metro Sim Beta is a really great game.
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I thought these were already in?
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Not these ones. The A 500 and A 1000 are already in the sim.
christiantrainz

Post by christiantrainz »

Beautiful
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Nice Tram
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Almost there... (just details left to do)

I have added the side add signs (these will be repaintable), direction indicators, and the red lantern which can be fitted to the hook in between te headlights.

This red lantern is optional; as a default, it is not present, but you can place it there using Ctrl+Shift+X (for each end of the vehicle separately). If it is placed, it is functional like the red lights on other vehicles; it's turned on when the driving controls are turned off.
TreinspotterDeamyen

Post by TreinspotterDeamyen »

Looks Good
Directeur van Bedrijf/Website Openbaar Vervoer Bouwplaten
Transrapid1

Post by Transrapid1 »

Love it!!:)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Anyone want a video? It goes online at 21:00 (Amsterdam time zone; GMT+1) today.
This time, I set the time 2 minutes prior to that, so the standard 2-minute Youtube countdown should end at 21:00 (instead of starting at that time, like before).

https://youtu.be/7i9gjjGjSM4
Attachments
Screenshot  -NZH A600.jpg
Screenshot -NZH A600.jpg (327.76 KiB) Viewed 1236 times