The list of speed limit markers from City of Thames converted from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

The list of speed limit markers from City of Thames converted from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.

Post by brozma »

Hello everyone,
as you may have noticed, the speed limit markers in City of Thames shows speed in mph (miles per hour) not in km/h (kilometers per hour). And because some people in this community are used to metric units not imperial units, and also some of them proabably tried to drive non-London trains in City of Thames, which has only metric speed gauge, I've decided to take every speed limit values in City of Thames, and convert them from mph to km/h.

Here's the list of them.
Disclaimer: The values aren't 100% accurate. I had to round them.
  • 10 mph = 16 km/h
  • 15 mph = 24 km/h
  • 20 mph = 32 km/h
  • 25 mph = 40 km/h
  • 30 mph = 48 km/h
  • 35 mph = 56 km/h
  • 40 mph = 64 km/h
  • 45 mph = 72 km/h
  • 50 mph = 80 km/h
  • 60 mph = 96 km/h
Hope this helps you, if you are driving non-London trains, with metric speed gauge in City of Thames. If I missed the speed limit. Feel free to warn me and I'll add it.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
perfecttrains1000

Re: The list of speed limit markers from City of Thames converted from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Its also good to remember the 5:8 ratio for speed limits where every 5 mph is 8kph.
Sgt_DeBones

Re: The list of speed limit markers from City of Thames converted from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

I don't want to be that guy but as an American, IMPERIAL SUPERIAL! :twisted: :mrgreen:
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 19:55 I don't want to be that guy but as an American, IMPERIAL SUPERIAL! :twisted: :mrgreen:
Imagine being American ( no offence ) ( sorry, ive just now realised that what i said was mean )
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

alexandru987 wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 20:32 ( sorry, ive just now realised that what i said was mean )
The delete your comment :roll:
Edit to: Deleted Comment since I replied.
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 21:03
alexandru987 wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 20:32 ( sorry, ive just now realised that what i said was mean )
The delete your comment :roll:
Edit to: Deleted Comment since I replied.
its the spelling that does it for me .anyway I need to go teach myself how to shut up sometimes.
brozma

Post by brozma »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 17:56 Its also good to remember the 5:8 ratio for speed limits where every 5 mph is 8kph.
Well TBH I didn't used this ratio for conversion. When I was converting those speed limits, I used this formula:

Vmph x 1,6 = Vkm/h

Where "Vmph" is speed in mph (miles per hour), and "Vkm/h" is speed in km/h (kilometers per hour). This also explains, why I mentioned, that conversion aren't 100% accurate and I had to round them.

But it's good you mentioned that ratio. Someone can use it for convertion (not me. Calculating ratios is extremely difficult for me).
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

That equation is the correct way of doing it but the ratio is so close to that, that you might as well use it
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

You guys are talking about the same thing, 1,6 == 8:5 ;) If you want more accuracy you'll have to use 1,609344 instead, but the difference is very small indeed that up to 100 mph the difference is less than one.