Beta 3.16

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

PacerLover23

Re: Beta 3.16

Post by PacerLover23 »

Michiel wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 21:13 It's still work in progress, check out this super secret dev video: https://youtu.be/uIW2IuCAbAg
If I may ask, what lines will it be on, if any, on the existing version of the map?
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

dave9876543210 wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 00:43
Michiel wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 21:13
perfecttrains1000 wrote: 28 Dec 2020, 21:01Coded manual is a system similar to ATB where the train speed is enforced by a speedlimit and cannot be exceeded
It's still work in progress, check out this super secret dev video: https://youtu.be/uIW2IuCAbAg
it works like the system on the northern line and jubilee line on the tube although the system on the jubilee line is better then the one on the northern line
So basically we are getting an Automatic Train Operation route for MSB . and yes the jubilee one is better than the northern.
Selbout

Post by Selbout »

i play MSB all day wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 11:32

So basically we are getting an Automatic Train Operation route for MSB . and yes the jubilee one is better than the northern.
or to be precise we will get CBTC system, since ATO has been a thing under AI mode

CBTC = communication based train control
ATO = automatic train control
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

It's kind of a hybrid, I want to limit the amount of tracks that can only fit one particular type of rolling stock. So for that reason tripcocks and signals will be used on all lines, but some lines will be using the central line 3-aspect red/white/green signals where white means 'proceed only using ATO or coded manual'. Basically it eliminates the intermediate signals between two stations, in-cab signalling will be used here instead. Trains without cab signalling can still be used though but they will have to wait for the entire block to be cleared and the signal to turn green, limiting the frequency at which trains can run.

Current idea is to have one line fully using cab signalling, and maybe (still undecided) I'll one day upgrade the yellow line to allow more trains to run on the central core of the subsurface lines, but keeping the classic signalling on the outer branches so you can run D-stock on the services that terminate at Aldgate/GWR (there will be a terminating platform at GWR as well when the rest of the station is opened).

In real life London it's pretty much every line for itself these days, most rolling stock cannot be exchanged anymore between lines due to incompatibilities. That's not a problem for real life, but for a game it would take some of the fun out of it.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Michiel wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 12:02 In real life London it's pretty much every line for itself these days, most rolling stock cannot be exchanged anymore between lines due to incompatibilities. That's not a problem for real life, but for a game it would take some of the fun out of it.
When trains need to go to Northfields depot (on the Piccadilly line) for maintenance, they have to make their way onto different lines, for example, a jubilee line train would have to change onto Metropolitain signalling and then onto Piccadilly line signalling to head to Northfields, this ofc right now is okay as the jubilee stock are capable of running on other lines. Another thing to note is that all London Underground stock are capable in some way of getting to the Northfields depot and for people who don't know why Northfields depot is significant, its where the Test Track is for trains and mostly where major work happens on the trains.

But then again, the point still stands as all the lines might have access to the Piccadilly but they don't have to cross any other line that has a different signalling system such as ones on the Victoria and Central lines.
chrisrose1993

Post by chrisrose1993 »

Just need a version of the DLR to go with the Underground now ;)
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 14:37But then again, the point still stands as all the lines might have access to the Piccadilly but they don't have to cross any other line that has a different signalling system such as ones on the Victoria and Central lines.
Isn't the Victoria Line 2009 stock also slightly larger? Also I understand S-stock operates under 750V, except for the parts that are or can be shared with Jubilee and Piccadilly lines. In the past Piccadilly line could operate up to High Street Kensington (there are some rare videos of 1973 stock over there on youtube) but since the voltage increase it's apparently no longer possible.
i play MSB all day

Post by i play MSB all day »

chrisrose1993 wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 14:40 Just need a version of the DLR to go with the Underground now ;)
dlr wont be happening their isnt even a dlr unit in the game. the isle of wight however could be a long term project ie 3.20 or something (at least we already have the unit for that in the game.??
dave9876543210

Post by dave9876543210 »

perfecttrains1000 wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 14:37
Michiel wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 12:02 In real life London it's pretty much every line for itself these days, most rolling stock cannot be exchanged anymore between lines due to incompatibilities. That's not a problem for real life, but for a game it would take some of the fun out of it.
When trains need to go to Northfields depot (on the Piccadilly line) for maintenance, they have to make their way onto different lines, for example, a jubilee line train would have to change onto Metropolitain signalling and then onto Piccadilly line signalling to head to Northfields, this ofc right now is okay as the jubilee stock are capable of running on other lines. Another thing to note is that all London Underground stock are capable in some way of getting to the Northfields depot and for people who don't know why Northfields depot is significant, its where the Test Track is for trains and mostly where major work happens on the trains.

But then again, the point still stands as all the lines might have access to the Piccadilly but they don't have to cross any other line that has a different signalling system such as ones on the Victoria and Central lines.
the Victoria line is completely cut off from the rest of the network they have to go by road the 95 stock can travel up there but under manual control
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Michiel wrote: 29 Dec 2020, 14:56 Isn't the Victoria Line 2009 stock also slightly larger? Also I understand S-stock operates under 750V, except for the parts that are or can be shared with Jubilee and Piccadilly lines. In the past Piccadilly line could operate up to High Street Kensington (there are some rare videos of 1973 stock over there on youtube) but since the voltage increase it's apparently no longer possible.
All of the tube tunnels are the same size i think