Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

RotterdamMetroLover

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Plan U is not on the Mat 64 family even though it looks like one. It's actually a DE3.
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

I haven't played the game a lot recently but I suddenly rediscovered it so I'm enjoying it once again.
To celebrate, I decided to post yet another screenshot, hopefully with more following soon, especially if 3.16 is near. :D
Attachments
A rather peculiar RSG2 + long SG2 + RSG2 formation, used on the Stadionweg - Araplein rush hour shuttle. This trainset was decommissioned in early 2018 due to extensive body rot and increasingly expensive maintenance.<br />It was not even equipped with Araplein destination signs so it always showed Springstraat.
A rather peculiar RSG2 + long SG2 + RSG2 formation, used on the Stadionweg - Araplein rush hour shuttle. This trainset was decommissioned in early 2018 due to extensive body rot and increasingly expensive maintenance.
It was not even equipped with Araplein destination signs so it always showed Springstraat.
metrosimulator.jpg (499.68 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 21:37 Plan U is not on the Mat 64 family even though it looks like one. It's actually a DE3.
Ah, I didn't know that. I am not very much into old NS trains, I thought they were the same vehicle but just in diesel or electric variant (like the GTW trains that are also in 2 versions)
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

According to wikipedia "mat '64" is an unofficial name anyhow, official names are Plan V (for the 2-car version) and Plan T (for the 4-car version). Plan U (3-car diesel trains) are similar but not exactly the same. Also the Plan mP (the single car mail trains) are based on the same design but again not an exact copy. They just recycled parts of the design to make different trains.
MG2

Post by MG2 »

They can write whatever bla bla on Wikipedia they like. The only thing that's true about the name "Mat '64" is that it does not apply to the Plan U and mP. Anyway to answer the FAQ "what stock will be made" I'm planning to make all NS stock however for now it will be Mat '54, DEIII (Plan U), Mat '64, SGM, ICM, DDM/DDAR, VIRM, DM '90, SLT, FLIRT and the latest addition to the NS fleet, the CAF Civity referred to as SNG. Now back to the Mat '64, First Class seats are almost finished:
Attachments
M64Seats1stclass.jpg
M64Seats1stclass.jpg (243.39 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Its looking great! I'm looking forward to all the new sprinter trains being added as we currently only have a few of those.
MG2 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 13:14 I'm planning to make all NS stock however for now it will be Mat '54, DEIII (Plan U), Mat '64, SGM, ICM, DDM/DDAR, VIRM, DM '90, SLT, FLIRT and the latest addition to the NS fleet, the CAF Civity referred to as SNG.
But.. we already have the ICM and DDM... right?

EDIT: I was dreaming about having the Hoekse Lijn in Metro sim, and all this new upcoming rolling stock (SGM in particular) reminded me of the few but very fun times I had when the train was still there. Boarded it a lot when going to Rotterdam or even somewhere farther. But the new metro link is fine too. :D
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Well I've been promising NS rolling stock before anyone else so whether available or not I'll still make all rolling stock on the pipeline. See it must be made according to my rules as I'm planning to make it all in one. This means a map + rolling stock as a stand alone.
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

Fair enough. Maybe make the DDZ first instead of the DDM and the ICM has also a revisioned version so that might be an option too.
Anyway, 3.16 will feed my sim hunger for a lot, but when the Mat 64 releases i'm going to take a revisit to sprinters and try to make an activity with it. Lets see how it turns out :D
Savage Kid

Post by Savage Kid »

could we remodel the sg2
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

MG2 wrote: 13 Nov 2020, 14:05 Well I've been promising NS rolling stock before anyone else so whether available or not I'll still make all rolling stock on the pipeline. See it must be made according to my rules as I'm planning to make it all in one. This means a map + rolling stock as a stand alone.
Ill probably take only like 10 decades for that to come out but yeah , good luck mate