Unlabelled purple light

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

blanderrr

Unlabelled purple light

Post by blanderrr »

So I was playing around with the RR-DDM on the RijndamRail scenario, and when arriving at Rijndam Blaak this purple light comes on on the right of the speedometer. It's not labelled anywhere and I don't know what it means - does someone here know what it is?
NOTE: someone on the Discord server said it could be the early arrival light, but this happens consistently every time I go there.
This could mean I am consistently early to Rijndam Blaak, or that it is something else...https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Sjoerd

Re: Unlabelled purple light

Post by Sjoerd »

blanderrr wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 21:25 NOTE: someone on the Discord server said it could be the early arrival light
It is. As the program is made for subway services (and not train services), AI-trains have the habbit of departing after the doors have been open for just a few seconds. On most stations, I could use 'setting a path at 15s before departure time' as a way of enforcing a more train-like timetable. But I could not do this here, and I found this station to be too important to overlook the issue. So I added the “Vertreksverbod” function here. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Oh, I see!
Thanks for explaining - it's been bugging me for a while now XD
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

but wait - how long am I supposed to stop with the doors open?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Until that light goes out.
Departure Rijndam Centraal to departure Rijndam Blaak is set at 240 seconds (4 minutes) in the CTD file.... So if your train leaves Rijndam Centraal at 12:05, then departure at Blaak should be at 12:09. So lets say you travel the distance in 3 minutes.... Then your time at the station will be 1 minute until departure.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Ahh, thank you again for the explanation.
By the way, is there an ETCS tutorial anywhere?
I can't get my head round the signalling system
trains 500

Post by trains 500 »

blanderrr wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 10:30 Ahh, thank you again for the explanation.
By the way, is there an ETCS tutorial anywhere?
I can't get my head round the signalling system
if the dashboard indicates a speed reduction ie. you are travelling at 160 and it indicates 120 you have to be at 120 by the next one of those blue and yellow markers ie the signals. its hard to explain hope this helps
My youtube channel containing several Metro sim videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCep1Mi ... sBZ9B0lwWA
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

trains 500 wrote: 04 Oct 2020, 10:59
if the dashboard indicates a speed reduction ie. you are travelling at 160 and it indicates 120 you have to be at 120 by the next one of those blue and yellow markers ie the signals. its hard to explain hope this helps
Thank you!
Do you know what the white lights mean though?
thijs773

Post by thijs773 »

If the light is on (white), you can pass. If the light is off, you need to wait until the light is on, then you can pass. Speed restrictions are given out by the train protection system.
Maker of the HalteOmroep/Afroeptool Rijndam 2022 Add-on
Having issues in the sim with an AMD GPU? Check the AMD GPU render fix thread.
blanderrr

Post by blanderrr »

Ahh, thank you!