Simtra Narrow Gauge Tram

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Simtra Narrow Gauge Tram

Post by Sjoerd »

A few screenshots have already appeared on the forum, so the project is already known. Here are some more details ;)

After getting the Lisbon trams into the simulator, who had to be changed to standard gauge as we don't have narrow gauge tramlines (yet), I felt inspired to start on a narrow gauge tram route. But not a Lisbon line, and also not another existing one, as that pretty much multiplies the building time by a factor of ten. So, it's fictional, but still inspired on a real line. For inspiration of several segments of the line, I looked at the next closest tramline to Lisbon; the tramline between Sintra and Praia das Macãs. So that is also were the name for my new line came from; Simtra Narrow Gauge Tram.

The line has 9 stops, and runs from the train station (Estacion de Tren) to the beach (De Praia). The line is single track, but you can pass trams going in the other direction at several stops along the line.

The rolling stock uses the Sintra color scheme, and is based on the Lisbon trams. They have a un-modernized driver position, an old style bow collector, and have couplers to take along a trailer (or two). And ofcourse the Lisbon trams will also be usable here; I'll release is together with an update on the Lisbon trams, returning them to narrow gauge (standard gauge will remain an option for the Lisbon trams, but with a new XML-code).
As the bow collector on the Simtra-tram can't be turned around in the simulator, that makes it practically a unidirectional tram. Hence, the line has turning loops at both ends. If you use the Lisbon bidirectional trams (with pantograph) or the narrow gauge FGV Citylink tram, you can reverse where ever you like.

Some screenshots;

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Re: Simtra Narrow Gauge Tram

Post by AlistairCowell »

Now MSB's off to sunny Spain!
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

To be honest this is more interesting than the entire stream about TSW2's Bakerloo Line.

Will FGV trains be usable here as well? Aside from 2006 Denia line, there's not too many places to run them.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

You can use it if you want to :D

There is ofcourse also the train station, but outside of the station there is only about half a km of railway line. Perhaps something for future extensions perhaps?

At least it isn't a strange sight in Alicante, to see a diesel train on the tramline..... :D
https://trainspo.com/photo/2427/
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0woJaBlLj2A/V ... 0/017B.jpg
http://www.ferropedia.es/mediawiki/inde ... ECJPVL.JPG
Last edited by Sjoerd on 31 Jul 2020, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Excellent!
Light Rail rapid transit (Tram-train) > Metro
RSG3

Post by RSG3 »

Oo, that's interesting. Exited!
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

AlistairCowell wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 20:20 Now MSB's off to sunny Spain!
Isnt this route based in Portugal ?im sorry but reading that made me so mad
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

alexandru987 wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 08:29
AlistairCowell wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 20:20 Now MSB's off to sunny Spain!
Isnt this route based in Portugal ?im sorry but reading that made me so mad
Well either Spain or Portugal, it's in Iberian Peninsula anyway.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Mostly inspired by Sintra, which is near Lisbon, which is in Portugal.

This train however is Spanish;

(For those that wanted to use the FGV trains on this line)

I just rebuild the "De Praia" terminus of the line, to make it a bit more friendly to the larger FGV Citylink tram and this train. Only don't take those through the turning loop; the curve is too thight for that. So on arrival, just go straight to the departure platforms. ;)
brozma

Post by brozma »

:!: AHA! :!: So this is the map, I noticed in screenshot in "Lisbon remodelado trams" topic

Well about bow collector. I already explained it in the same topic. See "Lisbon remodelado trams" topic for my explanation about bow collector.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English