Idea for Simvliet

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

metrosimfan

Idea for Simvliet

Post by metrosimfan »

Hello,
there is a stadium in Zeerwijk.
I have an idea for a reversing loop for stadium extra services. It will be a "track harp" (in german we call it "Harfe"). A installation with 5-10 tracks and a seperate entry and exit platform only for stadium visitors , which is able to park a lot of trains during a soccer game. (or whatever is played there)

There will be a 5min service, between Simvliet Centraal and Zeerwijk Stadium, and between Hageningen Strandboulevard. It needs a lot of trains, or a clever circulation:
My opinion (based on the operational flow of the "Kölner Verkehrsbetriebe")
First step:
First the trains come from two directions (approx. 2hours before game starts). They driving in the loop, stopping at the exit-track 2. Until the visitors left the train, they driving back to their starting points (without passengers)
Second step:
Now, (beginning approx. 60 mins before game starts), the trains doesn't go back, to their starting points. They shunt in the yard, to wait there until the game is finished. All trains will parked 20 mins before the game starts.
Last step:
Approx. 5 Mins, after the game is finished, the first train will come out the yard, get on entering track 1 and waiting, that the first visitors get on it. This train will departure on call by the traffic control (in german "Verkehrsmeister"), when enough people are in it.
They will drive to their ending points (with visitors), and come back to the stadium (without passengers). That will happen, until 1:30h after the game. Then the trains go in the depots.
Trains from Strandboulevard depot do the same things.

This starts 3h before the game starts.
30-40 mins before the game starts, the trains do not drive from Zeerwijk to Centraal/Strandboulevard.
They shunting to the stadium yard, and wait there until the game is finished.

10 mins after the game is finished, the first trains will start in the both directions. Now there driving from zeerwijk with passengers and without passengers to Zeerwijk.

Only I need the editor for creating this. It would be a great pleasure for me.

Greets
Last edited by metrosimfan on 10 Jul 2020, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Have I ever said, that my english competitions are horrible?
metrolord

Re: Idea for Simvliet

Post by metrolord »

metrosimfan wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 19:12 Hello,
there is a stadium in Zeerwijk.
I have an idea for a reversing loop for stadium extra services. It will be a "track harp" (in german we call it "Harfe"). A installation with 5-10 tracks and a seperate entry and exit platform only for stadium visitors , which is able to park a lot of trains during a soccer game. (or whatever is played there)

There will be a 5min service, between Simvliet Centraal and Zeerwijk Stadium, and between Hageningen Strandboulevard. It needs a lot of trains, or a clever circulation:
Trains starts from depot at simvliet and drives without passengers to Centraal.
Reversing.
Trains drives to Zeerwijk. All passengers leaving.
Trains drive to Strandboulevard without passengers
Reversing
Trains drives to Zeerwijk with passengers.
All passengers leaving there.
Train drives to Centraal again.

Trains from Strandboulevard depot do the same things.

This starts 3h before the game starts.
30-40 mins before the game starts, the trains do not drive from Zeerwijk to Centraal/Strandboulevard.
They shunting to the stadium yard, and wait there until the game is finished.

10 mins after the game is finished, the first trains will start in the both directions. Now there driving from zeerwijk with passengers and without passengers to Zeerwijk.

Only I need the editor for creating this. It would be a great pleasure for me.

Greets
Is there any metro service like that in the real world?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

you know , in train sim on that nuremburg crap route , there is an extra platform at a stadium . Maybe not a whole service for it but the idea of an extra platform at the stadium doesnt seem too bad
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

metrolord wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 20:37 Is there any metro service like that in the real world?
Of course. In Cologne or Hannover for example.
alexandru987 wrote: 08 Jul 2020, 21:10 you know , in train sim on that nuremburg crap route , there is an extra platform at a stadium . Maybe not a whole service for it but the idea of an extra platform at the stadium doesnt seem too bad
There shoudln't are a regular service. Only on stadium services, and eventual some trains, that starts and ends duty there (when the yard is used as a siding on regular days)
alexandru987

Post by alexandru987 »

It would make more sense if there was a regular service in place for the whole of line d , but the trains would just make an extra stop at the stadium platform , but other than that there would be a normal service .
TS_Trainspotter

Post by TS_Trainspotter »

To me it could make sense to have a platform that leads to the stadium, like in Manchester at the Manchester United football ground (normal trains don't stop there, only special shuttles), but a yard wouldn't make much sense, mainly because it would be bigger than the central Hageningen/Simvliet stations themselves. The trains you are talking about could go from Hageningen/Simvliet to the Stadium with passengers and then return empty to their starting points (reverse after the match), but in my opinion a yard would result too big compared to the central stations of the other cities.
metrosimfan

Post by metrosimfan »

I edited the startpost. There you can see the stadium yard of my hometown, Cologne and the operational flow for soccer games.

In Simulator, there I must think smaller, because there is just fewer space. Here the yard can't be along the main tracks.

My problem: I can't build it without editor.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

This is obviously not going to happen. Zeerwijk stadium only has room for about 3000 people, and most visitors for the home team live in the town itself so they walk or cycle to the stadium. The remaining visitors can fit in just two trains.

A loop is definitely not possible, these are metros, not trams, the minimum curve radius of the vehicles in Simvliet is 150 meter.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That could be a 150m radius loop then. Perhaps underground, inspired by New York City Hall? :D

https://www.google.com/search?q=new+yor ... 80&bih=625

As a long forgotten station....
Rediscovered, and then reconnected to the network and opened for special occasions :D
Michiel wrote: 10 Jul 2020, 12:40 This is obviously not going to happen. Zeerwijk stadium only has room for about 3000 people, and most visitors for the home team live in the town itself so they walk or cycle to the stadium. The remaining visitors can fit in just two trains.
And replace that by a bigger stadium.... :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

A small farmer village with an ancient subway, very realistic :D

On a side note, the Simvliet Stadium does deserve an upgrade some day, and then I could reconstruct the reversing sidings there (again) to serve as special platform for match days, with a tunnel directly to the stadium from nearby the bridge :roll: