Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Domi2005 wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 11:11 Thanks for looking at my problem!
Now, I only have one more question: what's the story behind making the Denia line dual gauge in Rijndam Railways?

Here it is: ;)
Sjoerd wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 18:31 How would you like it if I re-introduced the Denia branch into the railway network in "Rijndam 2022 Railways Only" (like it was in Rijndam 2006 before I changed it there to metergauge for the FGV diesel train)? Then you can run a Railbus service from Rijndam Centraal to Denia, via Rijndam Zuid.
Sgt_DeBones wrote: 11 Apr 2020, 22:06 Make it dual gauge!
Sjoerd wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 11:45 Request approved. :)

So... In the timeline for "Rijndam Railways 2022", the Denia branchline never became part of the metro/tram network. However, political pressure to introduce through services to Rijndam Centraal grew. A project was started to research all the possibilities, and in the end, making the Denia branchline dual gauge was chosen. This descision was made so the meter gauge diesel trains could remain in use (Denia - Rijndam Zuid), and the new through service (to Rijndam Centraal) could use standard gauge trains. Also, this would make short freighttrains possible to further destinations like Vierdijk (if dual gauge for Rijndam Zuid - Rijndam Centraal was chosen instead, then freight by rail would not have been possible).
Note to those who have missed it; on the last page; FGV Narrow gauge diesel train update.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

What’s about a third track between Centraal and Zuid with junctions between each station
The track can be used in both directions and the fast trains can skip the RR2 and RR3

But only when the timetable doesn’t work because of too much trains
Hi
Domi2005

Post by Domi2005 »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 11:17 Here it is: ;)
I was just asking it because I wanted to know if you plan freight trains on the Denia branch.
I can see that you said that short freight trains could also make use of the dual gauge, however there isn't a proper freight station or siding on the Denia branch. Do you plan adding one perhaps to allow freight trains?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

No, not plans for that. But Denia has 3 platform tracks, while you only would need one or two. So you can use track one (with its own side platform) to unload a few freight wagons.

Just be aware.... There are no switches to shunt around it, so to prepare for the return trip; either do some shunting using a second locomotive (or VT98), or couple a locomotive on both sides. ;)
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 13:33
Just btw
I don’t see that there would be a gap
Last edited by PetttRocket on 18 Apr 2020, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes I did. But I had to do it anyway as making a CTD file would become complicated otherwise; you already have to go to track 1 if you want to be able to reach the depot (using a separate train number to make sure the CVL sends you there), but for normal service, you want to use the wider island platform between tracks 2 & 3. So if narrow gauge can only use track 3 out of those two, you then also need to remember using a special train number for that, or risk a path to track 2 which could then derail you.
So to get rid of that restriction, I put in the dual gauge, but make the narrow gauge switch to the other side of the standard gauge track just before the platform (to avoid a train-platform gap).
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

You can make at the FGV trains this

You can do this instead of an animation
But then it could only be used by a normal player
Attachments
I don’t know the english word just the German: Trittstufe
I don’t know the english word just the German: Trittstufe
CBA7460C-2490-4A94-9F57-284B3EB7B2B3.jpeg (25.82 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The FGV trains do not have that. And they are real trains, not fictional.
-> https://youtu.be/oE9XNGFXgcE
PetttRocket

Post by PetttRocket »

Sjoerd wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 21:36 The FGV trains do not have that. And they are real trains, not fictional.

I know
But Rijndam is fictional
And you can make a FGV_Fictional train with this step
This could be used in 2020
Hi
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It's not needed; the gap between the train and the platform is so minimal.... falling between is practically impossible.