Moderator: senjer

Jim2016

Re: London Underground trains

Post by Jim2016 »

The London Underground-inspired one probably
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

It'll be ready when it's ready, PetttRocket.
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

What part of don't ask for release dates do you not understand? @PetttRocket
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Downloaded the latest London Underground package, but some issues have been spotted and needs to be sorted.
When pressing the '3' button for the external view when using the LU1996TS, you're up in the sky!

Also, LU1996B appears to still use the 51xxx numbering, as in 1995TS. The numbering don't appear to be matching: for example, 30494 would be 96044 in the case of LU1996A, while 30595 would be 51645 in the case of LU1996B.

SPT 1973TS has made a re-appearance, but then they would foul the platforms on Glasgow V2 map (as expected anyway). Fictional Glasgow Subway extension perhaps?
brozma

Post by brozma »

Well I didn't notice, that there's an update with london underground stock. I downloaded it just a few moments ago
Well the new 2009 stock is really long. much MUCH longer than S8 stock and honestly, it's good, that you put a digital speedometer with km/h units into older stock, which has mph speedometer. That mph speedometer would confuse me a lot if that digital speedometer wouldn't be there
Don't judge me! As a person from continental Europe, I am used to metric units, not to imperial units!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

I like having both Speed dials, helps me define my normal speed (MPH) to the games speed(KM/H)
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 14:24 Well the new 2009 stock is really long. much MUCH longer than S8 stock
The difference is just a few centimeters.... :D
and honestly, it's good, that you put a digital speedometer with km/h units into older stock, which has mph speedometer. That mph speedometer would confuse me a lot if that digital speedometer wouldn't be there
Don't judge me! As a person from continental Europe, I am used to metric units, not to imperial units!
I know; The UK officially went metric a long time ago.... Yet they still keep using MPH. Luckily, the 2009 stock already works on KM/H (found that out on photo's of the cab). The whole simulator works in metric too (luckily!), so I just had to find the conversion betweem meters per second to miles per hour, to program the digital displays and dials which I wanted (/needed) to show in MPH.

And the Glasgow version of the 73 stock; I figured; all the files are already in the package, and it took me some effort to make it.... Might as well make it usable again. Only not on the Glasgow network, as it is too wide for that. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

No wonder why the creation of a US map would take a lifetime to create. (Imperial system is best system. Don't @ me :P) I really would like to see the BART system as the first broad gauge metro system for the sim.

LU stocks are nice but now let's model the Overground.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 14 Feb 2020, 17:08 LU stocks are nice but now let's model the Overground.
It's on my whishlist (especially as it switches between 3rd rail and overhead wires on route, and partially shares track with London Underground lines too). Already spend a few hours on some early steps ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/ ... -Class-378
(Might have to build interiors, create the pantograph recess, add pantographs, etc.)