Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MSB4THOMAS

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

I have a question; does anybody know why the TRAXX doesn’t drive with the NSR ICR rijtuig?
http://pnmolenaar.nl/wp-content/uploads ... 5-2015.jpg
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The ICR BDs carriages are build to communicate with the 1700 series locomotives.
NedTrain (a train maintenance & refurbishment company) has tried to convert one to communicate with TRAXX locomotives (which means replacing all cables, and replacing the drivers desk), but in the end, they decided it would be too expensive (and they ran in to too many problems) to convert them all.
So instead, the NS just ordered twice as much TRAXX locomotives, and all trainsets are now operated with a locomotive on both ends of the train. The ICR BDs carriages are now used as ordinary carriages; the driver position isn't used anymore, as these carriages aren't used in combination with the NS 1700 series anymore.
Also, they decided that running in sandwich mode (carriages in between two locomotives) also has the added benefit of realizing greater acceleration in service.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

A push-pull train would be great...
That would increase the passengers capacity, and this way it would not be necessary to shunt the locomotive for the other side of the train.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

Sjoerd wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:16 The ICR BDs carriages are build to communicate with the 1700 series locomotives.
NedTrain (a train maintenance & refurbishment company) has tried to convert one to communicate with TRAXX locomotives (which means replacing all cables, and replacing the drivers desk), but in the end, they decided it would be too expensive (and they ran in to too many problems) to convert them all.
So instead, the NS just ordered twice as much TRAXX locomotives, and all trainsets are now operated with a locomotive on both ends of the train. The ICR BDs carriages are now used as ordinary carriages; the driver position isn't used anymore, as these carriages aren't used in combination with the NS 1700 series anymore.
Also, they decided that running in sandwich mode (carriages in between two locomotives) also has the added benefit of realizing greater acceleration in service.
Ahh I see, anyway thanks for the clarification :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AlistairCowell

Post by AlistairCowell »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 16:20 So if they cannot go from Ypenburg to Zeeburg, due to the HSL line, I guess they will run on Intercity services between Rijndam Airport and Rijndam Centraal...
On Simvliet, I believe they can be running between Simvliet Centraal and Hageningen Centraal, if there is that possibility.
The line between Silmvliet Centraal and Hageningen is being converted to become Line D of the Silmvliet Metro, or "Silmvilet Lightrail" as you probably know, so Intercity trains would have to go through Delfsblaak and Bergpark.

Non-HSL Intercity services to Zeeburg could be going through Rijndam Centraal to Rijndam Airport section, but there is a junction immediately
to the right as you leave Rijndam Centraal heading towards Rijndam Airport which the NS HSM unit is using (can't say whether it's west or east):
Nederlandse Spoorwegen HSM unit approches Rijndam Centraal about to terminate the Intercity service from Zeeburg via <br />the conventional main line on 22nd August 2019.
Nederlandse Spoorwegen HSM unit approches Rijndam Centraal about to terminate the Intercity service from Zeeburg via
the conventional main line on 22nd August 2019.
NS_HSM_Rijndam_Centraal_23082019.jpg.jpg (360.3 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Speaking of the HSM, its cab should get a rework to adapt to the new HSL.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

And also solve the problem with the ZUB on one of the two cabins
MetroRio

Post by MetroRio »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 14:41 Speaking of the HSM, its cab should get a rework to adapt to the new HSL.
I agree, to have a proper high speed train available for the new HSL. Don’t get me wrong, I know the TRAXX can go 160km/h but irl it also shares the HSL with Thalys and Eurostar trains which can go up to 300km/h. That why I suggested another section of HSL from Rijndam Airport to another city that’s farther away, like the Rotterdam-Breda section.
Cheers from Rio de Janeiro :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MP 85 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 15:11 And also solve the problem with the ZUB on one of the two cabins
Yes, the ZUB doesn't work in cab 2. So when you use the HSM on the Rijndam/Ypenburg - Zeeburg HSL, just couple two HSM's together, and make sure you add the second one "reversed", so that on both vehicles "cab 1" is on the not-coupled end. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MSB4THOMAS

Post by MSB4THOMAS »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 17:34 A push-pull train would be great...
That would increase the passengers capacity, and this way it would not be necessary to shunt the locomotive for the other side of the train.
Like a DD-AR that runs with the 1700?