Screenshots & Videos

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sgt_DeBones

Re: Screenshots & Videos

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Michiel wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 15:48 There is a huge difference between layout a third track in the desert and laying a third track in the middle of a populated area.
Simvliet has a desert!? :shock:
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
iamhankhamTS

Post by iamhankhamTS »

Back in Simvliet 2020, some engineering work during the weekday was required. Here we see at Simvliet Centraal some works to P3 and P4 for conversion to the metro. Platforms 1 and 2 remained open and extra trains were deployed via Simvliet West and Bergpark. This set is going to Simvliet Haven as per usual
Waiting for departure to Delfsblaak. Look for the engineering work in background
Waiting for departure to Delfsblaak. Look for the engineering work in background
20190820184552_1.jpg (366.23 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Engineering work at Centraal in readiness for Simvliet Lightrail
Engineering work at Centraal in readiness for Simvliet Lightrail
20190820184608_1.jpg (311.53 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Further down the line, here is a diverted service from Delfsblaak to Buiten (normally it would go to Centraal) with the line blocked in the background for third rail installation. You could just about make out the containers in the background
A diverted service to Buiten. Look for the blockade in the background
A diverted service to Buiten. Look for the blockade in the background
20190820184812_1.jpg (423.94 KiB) Viewed 3447 times
Last edited by iamhankhamTS on 20 Aug 2019, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly iamhankhamTS but now Coastway Will on the internet - The forum just doesn't allow name changes :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sgt_DeBones wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 18:05 Simvliet has a desert!? :shock:
No it doesn't (as far as I know). But your photo-example looks like that was in a desert environment. Or perhaps rather 'deserted', in the sense of "there is lots of space available to add more tracks as needed"... Which is not the case over here, where every square meter has a price, and there often just isn't any space available to add more tracks.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sgt_DeBones

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

Ahh, that makes since. I got confused because Sacramento is located in the Central Valley which is dominated by farmland; very green, not sandy yellow. Thanks for the clarification.

Edit: To wrap this up, Sacramento is still a pretty big urban area.... well, it's mostly suburbs but it is still a big urban area.
WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 14:59 Why? It's not needed. It happens in reality too;

If there is a single freight destination along the line, you won't expect more then 1-2 trains per day. Building a 3rd track just for that just adds a lot of unnecessary costs.
Well I am confused about this picture. I'll try to describe it.

1st description: the track on the left was owned by NS, then RET came, took it over and made a light rail line connected to Rotterdam metro on it. Also the position of 3rd rail shoes on SG3 looks weird. they're lifted up in upright angle. In metrosim, all 3rd rail shoes drops into downright angle when lowered.

2nd description: Both tracks are owned by NS and RET only decided to share the track with NS and made a light rail line on it. Perhaps RET found out vehicle equipment which reduces 1,5 kV DC from NS catenary to 750 V DC, thus not burning up trains.

Help me choose which one is correct, PLZ.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 20:38 Well I am confused about this picture. I'll try to describe it.

1st description: the track on the left was owned by NS, then RET came, took it over and made a light rail line connected to Rotterdam metro on it. Also the position of 3rd rail shoes on SG3 looks weird. they're lifted up in upright angle. In metrosim, all 3rd rail shoes drops into downright angle when lowered.

2nd description: Both tracks are owned by NS and RET only decided to share the track with NS and made a light rail line on it. Perhaps RET found out vehicle equipment which reduces 1,5 kV DC from NS catenary to 750 V DC, thus not burning up trains.

Help me choose which one is correct, PLZ.
Both tracks are now under RET control, and overhead power supply has been reduced to 750V DC.
If a freight trein needs to use it, one of the two tracks (the south side track) is assigned to the freight train (using diesel power), while RET metro's wil temporary use the other track (the north side one) for both directions. As soon as the freight train is clear, both tracks are available for RET metro use again. Near station Schiedam Centrum, a transfer-track is situated that acts as the connection, and as a waiting track for freight trains; for the driver to contact the RET traffic control, and wait for them to switch to single track operation, and clear the track for the freight train.

The 3rd rail shoes on SG3 are "up", as most drivers just don't bother to lower them when switching to overhead power supply.
Last edited by Sjoerd on 20 Aug 2019, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 20:51 The 3rd rail shoes on SG3 are "up", as most drivers just don't bother to lower them when switching to overhead power supply.
I Can Relate to that in the Sim
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains
brozma

Post by brozma »

brozma wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 20:38
Both tracks are now under RET control, and overhead power supply has been reduced to 750V DC.
If a freight trein needs to use it, one of the two tracks (the south side track) is assigned to the freight train (using diesel power), while RET metro's wil temporary use the other track (the north side one) for both directions. As soon as the freight train is clear, both tracks are available for RET metro use again. Near station Schiedam Centrum, a transfer-track is situated that acts as the connection, and as a waiting track for freight trains; for the driver to contact the RET traffic control, and wait for them to switch to single track operation, and clear the track for the freight train.

The 3rd rail shoes on SG3 are "up", as most drivers just don't bother to lower them when switching to overhead power supply.
Then I think, I am an exception, because I always lower those 3rd rail shoes when I am running on catenary power.
perfecttrains1000 wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 20:55

I Can Relate to that in the Sim
U wot m8?! :evil: *grabs you and lifts you up angrilly by the collar of your driver uniform and points angrilly at raised 3rd rail shoes in catenary section* You had one job! *slowly* One job! :x
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

I wouldn't be surprised if raising the third rail shoes while driving may actually cause damage, since there is quite a bit of pressure on them. And since you switch while driving, I would not dare to touch that button.
perfecttrains1000

Post by perfecttrains1000 »

brozma wrote: 20 Aug 2019, 22:51 U wot m8?! :evil: *grabs you and lifts you up angrilly by the collar of your driver uniform and points angrilly at raised 3rd rail shoes in catenary section* You had one job! *slowly* One job! :x
Well if Driving a Train, Watching Speed, Changing to Overhead wires and Dealing with passengers is one job then You might be correct :D
- Likes London Underground
- Somehow relates anything to trains