Left-Hand Drive Activity Making

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

EddyQ10Trains

Left-Hand Drive Activity Making

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Hello everyone,

Taking inspiration from the M1 Left Hand drive activity, I was wondering if there was a tutorial on how to make a left hand drive activity for Simvliet and Rijndam?

Thanks in advance :D
EddyQ10Trains
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
Sgt_DeBones

Re: Left-Hand Drive Activity Making

Post by Sgt_DeBones »

WW3 is at our doorstep. Gear up just in case. PROTECT THE METROS!
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Yes I have used that, however as I do it, trains still drive on the right, instead of the left like in the UK?
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

hell12

Post by hell12 »

You have to edit the CTD file. In all routes there is specified on which lane/track the train has to enter. Those you have to change for all of them
pc specs:
Intel I7 4790K @ 4.7GHz
Gskill Trident 16GB 1866MHz
EVGA GTX1080ti SC Black Edition
Samsung 950 PRO 512gb
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Alight thanks, I'll try that.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just be aware; also in the CVL itself, tracks have a initial set direction.
Rewriting the CTD file will allow you to make an activity (or use the network in explore mode) with driving on the left, as the CTD file will tell te CVL to set paths with a certain direction when trains are detected in certain blocks. However, when you start an activity with trains already present on the whole network, you will find the CVL might not accept the commands from the CTD file.

Let's say the situation below (image) is the situation at the beginning of your activity, with a CVL that has been build for right hand traffic. You have written a CTD file which tells the CVL to make a path for train A, to go from block 201 to block 102, in order to depart the begin station and enter the line on the left side.
The CVL will not allow this path, and therefore does nothing. Why not? In order to make this path, the CVL needs to set the driving direction of all blocks on that track until the next junction (blocks 102 - 111) in east-bound direction. But it can not do that, as the initial settings of the CVL have this track function west-bound, and there is already a train on it (train B). As long as that train is there, the CVL will not allow changing the track direction.
Now, you might have activated train B to want to run east-bound when the activity begins, but it will not move now. Why not? The initial direction of that track is still west-bound. And so, the east-direction activated cab of train B will not get an ATB signal higher then "10-absoluut", and therefore it won't depart.
So, in order to set the tracks for left-hand traffic, train B can not be there at the start of the simulation.

When I build a Simvliet left hand traffic activity a few years ago, I managed to get it to work as the junctions in Simvliet are very close together.
In Rijndam, it only worked for me for line M1. I could not get it to work in M2/M3.
If you want it in Rijndam to work on the entire network, you should perhaps do a "Weekday" activity; initial situation; an empty network (so no initial track direction reversal problems), and then start service by having trains exit the depot. ;)
Attachments
Uitleg_Linksrijden.png
Uitleg_Linksrijden.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Thanks for your reply Sjoerd,

I was wondering if you still have the Simvliet Left Hand drive CTD/CVL, as I am doing the left hand drive conversion for Simvliet.

Thanks in advance

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Thank you very much :D

Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 20:19 Here it is: http://sim.bemined.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=411 ;)
Sjoerd, did you make this activity for Simvliet 2013 or Simvliet 2017?
Because it doen't appear nether on Simvliet 1982, nether Simvliet 2020...
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.