Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

I love that layout! 👀
This is now a dead account.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Sjoerd wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 21:36if I use 30m radius turns. A bit too tight to my taste
Too tight? Tell that to the former loop of line 2 in Rotterdam!
GroeneTuin.jpg
GroeneTuin.jpg (171.72 KiB) Viewed 4572 times
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That looks very tight indeed!

The turn radius of the new CS loop in Rijndam is now 33 meters. I have tested it with the Citylink tram, and it works....just. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:55 The new loop;

Where is the AKI's for the busses? (Near the first bus platform not the one on the street.)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 19:10 Where is the AKI's for the busses? (Near the first bus platform not the one on the street.)
Why would you need it? You also don't have traffic lights for when a bus departs a busplatform do you? Within the bus station, ordinary priority rules should be enough. The sightlines between tramdrivers and busdrivers are pretty good here, and the speeds are very low, as you are just departing from a tramstop/busstop, and heading for a tight turn ;)

At the exit of the busstation I did install traffic lights, as the tram is then on a straight track, after the tight turn, and is building up speed. And the busdrivers also need to pay attention to the road directly past the tram-crossing.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 19:16
RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 19:10 Where is the AKI's for the busses? (Near the first bus platform not the one on the street.)
Why would you need it? You also don't have traffic lights for when a bus departs a busplatform do you? Within the bus station, ordinary priority rules should be enough. The sightlines between tramdrivers and busdrivers are pretty good here, and the speeds are very low, as you are just departing from a tramstop/busstop, and heading for a tight turn ;)

At the exit of the busstation I did install traffic lights, as the tram is then on a straight track, after the tight turn, and is building up speed. And the busdrivers also need to pay attention to the road directly past the tram-crossing.
Got it. ;)
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:55 The new loop;
Looks great! Will Rijndam 2022L get it too?
hello there :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Probably not; that would mean I'd have to build it twice.
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Oh, ok.
hello there :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Rijndam 2022 version 1.2 has now been released. Go to the wiki for download: http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Rijndam_2022

Any personal activities build for earlier Rijndam 2022 will still function, as long as they use the default "RIjndam2022.ctd" file, which has been updated for the changes in this new version.