Toronto TTC CLRV

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

brozma

Re: Toronto TTC CLRV

Post by brozma »

MG2 wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 17:23 See page 95 in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41&start=940

I'm gonna give the T3/T4 a try (while I continue to work on my national rail project) the model in the screenshot is the sketchup model. I will optimize it for the simulator.
I see MG2. I just stopped paying attention about it because I dealt with fact, it can't be included!
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

To promote the use of the outside direction indicators, they have been added to the driver panel (in all three Toronto trams); ;)

(The Flexity uses the SG3 panel. On that panel, the direction indicators have been added above the speedometer)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Aaand my favourite question: Will the trams feature a somewhat custom sound like the london underground trains or will they yet again only use the SG2 and SG3 sounds? :roll:

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
luka23

Post by luka23 »

I think they'll get SG2 and SG3 sounds, as there are probably no good audio files for them. Not even the MG2/1 and SG2/1 have their original sounds either. What I'm wondering is when we will be able to change the service number, as it's still stuck on 562.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have tried getting sounds from two separate youtube video's, taking a few seconds out of it, and putting it in the simulator. It doesn't work well; as these video's are all in urban environments on street level, you get a lot of sound-contamination from other sources then the vehicle itself.
So yes; I'll just stick to the sounds that are already in the simulator.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

To clarify the indicators, will coupled TTC trams' indicators work too or are you still using the same script as the SG2s where the indicators are car specific?
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 18:35 To clarify the indicators, will coupled TTC trams' indicators work too
No. This is not something I can solve, or I would have done it already. It is more like a missing function in the simulator. It is up to Michiel whether or not it gets included in a later version. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Well I hope he does it soon or teach some of you devs his delicious coding skills. :D
This is now a dead account.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Well at least for the Flexcity, most flexcities globallly use the generic "shhhhh" sound that most modern trains have today. It should be possible to get a distraction less, recording from a completely different train to mimic the sound better than using the build in sounds. I will have a look around later today if I can find a good recording of a simmilar train.
Can't speak for the older cars as I have no idea how they sound.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 16:07
amsterdammertje wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 15:22 Will you also do the articulated version?
I have been working on it for the last few hours ;)
Oh my god, that looks so great! :D
hello there :)