Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 17:45 So I took a look on both versions of Rijndam 2022 and they're nicely done.
Thanks!
Also (you can call me a saboteur or plaything person* :P ) but I took a ride on a new T3 line with both KTM 23 and KTM 31. As I expected, ATB gave me 10 permissief after crossing signal light behind Kanalstraat station so I had to enable ATB/ZUB bypass and kept going. The trams mentioned above went only 72 km/h
Those trams are modelled after real existing (Russian) trams.... So they do not have ZUB transponders attached to the bogies, and the maximum speed is limited at 70 km/h (well, I put a small margin on that, so 70 is actually reachable). ;)
The KTM Citylink is semi-fictional, and inspired on a tram that will reach 100 km/h and has ZSI-127 train protection (a simplified version of ETCS Level 1, using the same hardware). So installing ZUB on this tram was no problem.
Well the most funny part in light version of Rijndam 2022 was, when I tried to explore the closed part to the Rijndam Zuid. So I spawned 2 SG2/1 set path to the one of the closed rails and went in. At first nothing weird happening, only ATB kept me at 40 km/h, but I thought it's on purpose so I kept going. After few meters I saw two signs telling me to stop. I was like: "This can't stop me! :twisted: " and kept going expecting, that I'll clip through them, but when I reached those signs and was about to ram into them. Train suddenly stopped as it crashed into something invisible. I was like:"What! :shock: What the [censored]!" So I set throttle to 1.00 and tried to "bust" trough, but train kept bouncing back. So I stopped the train completely and looked below rails, and to my surprise, there were stopblocks hidden below rails, blocking my path. I started laughing, because I realized, how dumb I was and I didn't know that Sjoerd proabably secured those closed areas to prevend rubbernecks** like me to get in and (possibly) derail.
Hahaha, yes, I did that :lol: Indeed to prevent anyone from derailing at the end of the tracks and ending up pointing up out of the ground (like a SpaceX rocket :D ) at Molenwijk.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Anyone interested in a turning loop for line T1 at Rijndam Centraal (RD2022 fullV)? :D
This makes it possible to run single KTM 23 trams on T1 (good on not so busy days), and the use of other single direction trams (should they be added to the game in the future). And more flexibility, as there are then 3 turning loop destinations....
More details to follow soon....
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

That would be nice. :)
This is now a dead account.
Mark28jr

Post by Mark28jr »

it would certainly be fun. maybe a tram route or several lines to go centrally ... because Central is still an important point!
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 21:16 Anyone interested in a turning loop for line T1 at Rijndam Centraal (RD2022 fullV)? :D
This makes it possible to run single KTM 23 trams on T1 (good on not so busy days), and the use of other single direction trams (should they be added to the game in the future). And more flexibility, as there are then 3 turning loop destinations....
More details to follow soon....
Sounds cool! Maybe you could make like an turning loop but with more stops, like what line 54 does in Schiedam, De Gorzen.

(please do not blame my paint drawing skills :? )
hello there :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

DaanSGMm wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 07:48 Maybe you could make like an turning loop but with more stops, like what line 54 does in Schiedam, De Gorzen.
That was one of the options I explored, but I ran into a few problems fitting in a multi-street loop. So it became just a loop for only this stop.

I have been working on this mini project during this week, and there are just a few things left to do before the testing phase.
Screenshots will follow, this evening or tomorrow. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The new Rijndam Centraal tram stop.
In order to fit in the turning loop, I had to build part of the tram tracks under the railwaystation.
An island platform would have been preferable, but that was not possible due to the very tight curves. For the same reason an indoor tram station in the tunnel part wasn't possible either.
Trams will mostly use the outer track, as this provides a more direct connection from the platform to the train station for passengers. And of course it's better for the trams, as the curves on the outer track are slightly less tight then the curves on the inner track. ;)

metrolord

Post by metrolord »

What about station doors?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metrolord wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 11:45 What about station doors?
You mean platform doors? Metrosimulator does not support that function.
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

You yourself said that you plan to make a platform doors at Airport Shuttleservice.
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.