Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 »

I could spawn 5200-2010 in all tracks on the Airportshuttle depot...
Attachments
Airportshuttle depot.jpg
Airportshuttle depot.jpg (237.13 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Ok, thanks. (As I said, however, I was able to spawn a 5200-2010 on tracks 2, 3 & 4).
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

You're welcome.

In that case, can it be something with your computer?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It seems there are still some oddities out there :D

For example; I believe it was since beta 3.9 (or 3.10, I'm not sure), that the command scrollsign="#" in the CTD files stopped working. This command could be used to tell the metro (in activities) to automatically set the destination for the next trip in it's service (so it already shows the new destination when arriving at the terminus of the current trip, for the people waiting at the platform).
It has not worked since (even though I have changed computers since then), but as I have heard it still seems to work for other people, I have kept using the command when building new CTD files. :roll:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

UPDATE: the problem is now happening.

In the first try, I spawned a 5200-2010 on the Airport depot (line M4), but then I spawned a 5200-2010 train on the Airportshuttle depot, track 1, and the game was still working.

However, when I reopened the game, I first tried to spawn a 5200-2010 train on the Airportshuttle depot track 1 only, and the game closed... :roll:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The scenery along the new tracks is nearing completion.
(Next; making sure it will function as intended :D )
Attachments
Rijndam 326.jpg
Rijndam 326.jpg (243.61 KiB) Viewed 4085 times
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 17:51 UPDATE: the problem is now happening.

In the first try, I spawned a 5200-2010 on the Airport depot (line M4), but then I spawned a 5200-2010 train on the Airportshuttle depot, track 1, and the game was still working.

However, when I reopened the game, I first tried to spawn a 5200-2010 train on the Airportshuttle depot track 1 only, and the game closed... :roll:
I had this same problem too. When I was putting in a unit, the simulator wasn't crashing, but when I was putting a second unit on the same track where on another track, it would crash. But oddly enough, I just tested at the moment, the simulator did not crash, and I could put several on the same track.

EDIT : I just retested, the simulator may crash as soon as we put the first train. I think it crashes because certain number of oar works in this series, that else cause the simulator to crash.
DaanSGMm

Post by DaanSGMm »

Sjoerd wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 20:19 The scenery along the new tracks is nearing completion.
(Next; making sure it will function as intended :D )
Looks super nice Sjoerd! Good job :mrgreen:
hello there :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Thanks!

This morning I have made a draft for the timetable of the new line. Due to the single track between Westwoud and Denia, which needs to be shared with the service to Transferium Rijndijk, I can run the new line 4x/hour, and I am going to need 4 trams to do it. Add some reserve rolling stock (which also can be used to run some services on the line by coupled trams), and that makes 6 Citylink trams.
So.... I am still going to need depot capacity for six additional trams. I'll either need to find a way to add more tracks to the existing tram depot (which is pretty build in between houses), or I have to build another new depot somewhere. But that isn't my favorite option, as I already have a bit too many separate depot's in the network :D (The depot at Denia can not be used, as it is needed for the rolling stock for the Denia - Transferium Rijndijk service.)

But the current draft of the timetable isn't the definitive one yet; perhaps I can make it a bit more efficient, and hopefully do it with one tram less. :)
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Transform Denia depot in unterground depot and add however places you want !

Rijndam 2020 Big Summer Works.
Rijndam 2020 Big Summer Works.
Rijndam_Big Works V2.png (97.95 KiB) Viewed 4002 times
What do yo think about this map for this summer?
I would create some activities above it.

If something are missing tell me it!
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !