Beta 3.13

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Jim2016

Re: Beta 3.13

Post by Jim2016 »

I didn't upload any images. I meant, if you open Metro simulator and go to Rijndam 2020, some tram platforms have already this style.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Jim2016 wrote: 03 May 2018, 19:04 I didn't upload any images. I meant, if you open Metro simulator and go to Rijndam 2020, some tram platforms have already this style.
Sorry...

Ok, i'll try a look ;)

Thanks
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Hi !
I will create an activity for Rijndam 2020 and this is a teasing or the plan:
New Network
New Network
Rijndam_Metrokaart_2020_04_01.png (91.19 KiB) Viewed 5861 times
If you have some tips (other than wiki) to make a .act file, I would take it !
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
metrolord

Post by metrolord »

You remake the standart map of Rijndam 2020 metro or this a real map?
The only Ukrainian on this forum.
Sleeping trains is the best transport type.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Don't forget you also would need to make a CTD file for this, as all route definitions, including station passing times and DRIM settings, are in the CTD. The ACT file then contains the train services (starting locations for all trains, which services they run, and when each service starts which CTD-defined route).

One more thing; your M1 stops (on your map) at Guggenheim museum, on route between Nationale Opera and Noorderpoort. That's not possible. :D

If you have specific questions about the ACT of CTD files, feel free to ask them. But just not something general like "how to do it", as we are not going to write long tutorials here; you should figure it out trough the wiki, looking at existing activities, and starting on something more simple (like something in Simvliet, as it is a much less complicated network then Rijndam). That's how I learned it too. ;)

@Metrolord; Citadis just altered the (old style) standard map.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
ThePresident19

Post by ThePresident19 »

To serve Guggenheim museum you can add the circle line. You will have more frequency on both branches and you can use all the 4 tracks at Damplein and Museumkwartier
Citadis

Post by Citadis »

Ok
Thanks for return, I will work on the plan and after start act and ctd.
EDIT:
New map :
Summer Network
Summer Network
Rijndam_Metrokaart_Summer.png (92.2 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
M1, M6 was changed
I start to create the CTD file.
I listen all tips or commentarys
Citadis : French Type of trams (yes, i'm french :) )
Sorry for my english but enjoy Metro Sim Beta !
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Just this;
  • Stopping at Guggenheim museum when you are on route between Nationale Opera and Noorderpoort is not possible. Take a look at the track layout.
  • So now I am at Wilhelminapark (or Nationale Opera) and I want to go to the central station.... Not ideal... :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
ThePresident19

Post by ThePresident19 »

I think that the best solution is having:
- M1 Central Station/Panbos via Gerenmarkt
- Circle line clockwise and anticlockwise
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

For max confusion you can let the first M1 train do the clockwise circle (and skip Guggenheim) and a seperate circle line metro (M5 in the old days before the Denia extension, maybe call it M7 for now?) do the counter-clockwise circle line and thus serve Guggenheim, while the second M1 train runs counter-clockwise and the M5/7 runs clockwise. That way you can serve Guggenheim in both directions while maintaining the M1 on the circle and thus a connection from every single station on the circle loop with Noorderpoort/Noordvliet/Panbos. (for Guggenheim - Noordvliet you will have to change at Noorderpoort, but that's also necessary in the current route plan)

Good luck carving that in your little map

EDIT: I'd swap M1 and M5 in their destinations, let M1 run to Rijndam Airport and M5 to Panbos. That way, you can use 81-717 on M1 and (R)SG3 on M5, instead of needing to run SG3 on both lines, especially since no 81-717 is needed in your layout as M6 is closed.
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]