Glasgow

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: Glasgow

Post by luka23 »

Maybe let the public decide, or let someone do the PJ? It would sure as hell look a lot cooler to have a Glasgow (inspired) livery instead of the London Underground one.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll considder it ;)

Kelvinhall....

Yes, I know the platform is a bit too wide; it's the same at all stations. I build the two running tunnels a bit too far apart compared to reality :oops:
But that is something the real Glasgow Subway will be jealous off :D
(This little mistake will not be corrected, as that would require rebuilding almost half the network.)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Will the tunnel lights be off like the real ones (complete darkness :twisted: )?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am installing tunnel lights at the moment. I have (during the last hour) placed them along three station-to-station distances in both tunnels. Would you like me to stop and not do the rest? :twisted:
You all like pitch-dark tunnels now all of a sudden? :lol:
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Continue, of course, but you should add a switch somewhere to turn the lights on (they should be off by default in order to be near reality).
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll put that (lightswitch) on the wishlist, to build in if there is enough time left when the route is finished (compared to the at that moment known next release date; no exact dates have been set at this time) ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Newest build station; Buchanan Street;

About the train; I have put SPT logo's on the sides (where the "Underground" roundel was), put Glasgow subway maps and banners on the inside, and upholstered the passenger seats with the Glasgow (as the youtubechannel "Londonist" would call it;) "Moquette".

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Not all stations are build yet, but the positions where trains should stop are already defined. So the first activity, the AI-Weekday, can go into production and testing (which also serves to test the CVL system and the CTD coding). :)

The all-day timetable is (ofcourse) based on the real one; Start the service around 6:30, a train every 4 minutes during peak hours, every 8 minutes during off-peak hours, with a full circuit lap time ( :lol: ) of 24 minutes, last trains run between 23:16 and 23:40.

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In the workshop, trains are inspected and serviced to be ready to run when 3.14 releases.... 8-)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Jim2016 wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:07 Will the tunnel lights be off like the real ones (complete darkness :twisted: )?
Jim2016 wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 19:18 Continue, of course, but you should add a switch somewhere to turn the lights on (they should be off by default in order to be near reality).
Your request has been granted ;)
Light switches have been placed at Govan. From here you can switch off the tunnel lights for the entire line, separate for the inner or outer loop. Having them off by default isn't a possibility, but you now have the option to switch them off yourself. :)