Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Are there any activities for the Citylink?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 11:13 Are there any activities for the Citylink?
No. In my opinion, the Citylink is a bit too large for lines T1 and T2. It has more the feeling of a regional tram then a city rushhour tram.
I have made a Citylink activity for line T3, but although finished, the version of Rijndam 2020 with line T3 did not make it in the 3.13 release. So, it will be in the next one, and in the mean time, I will have the opportunity to improve some of the details of that version. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 11:08 Those tracks where pretty pointless; with a 10-minute interval, you only need one platform track at the terminus...
Yeah, that's right, now that I'm thinking about it.
Delsin

Post by Delsin »

Guille3604 wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 09:15
Delsin wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 09:07 A lil question regarding all KTM trams. How driver can enter its cab? Openable windows seem too small to fit them :D
I'd say that normally in all trams, you access the cab via the interior of it, most trams doesn't have a direct door from the outside to access the cab.
That's the point, there's no door to the interior, though in reality both KTM23 and KTM31 have it
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The KTM23 tram in the simulator is a modified version of a version I found on the 3D Warehause website (the original was the one-direction version, so with doors on only one side).
The KTM31 and KTM Citylink trams where build by me, using the components of the KTM23. The wall behind the driver cab was like this in the original model, and I never changed it.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 13:57 is a modified version of a version I found on the 3D Warehause website
I need to speak to you as soon as I finish exams. :lol:
brozma

Post by brozma »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 11:20
Alfacinha315 wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 11:13 Are there any activities for the Citylink?
No. In my opinion, the Citylink is a bit too large for lines T1 and T2. It has more the feeling of a regional tram then a city rushhour tram.
I have made a Citylink activity for line T3, but although finished, the version of Rijndam 2020 with line T3 did not make it in the 3.13 release. So, it will be in the next one, and in the mean time, I will have the opportunity to improve some of the details of that version. ;)
@Alfachina: You can also use KTM Citylink on a NS railway as a tram-train in explore mode. It's top speed is 100 km/h, so it's a good candidate for tram-trains. The only thing is, that they have low floor and try to imagine people getting on/off the tram at high level platform installed on NS stations.

@Sjoerd: So I am done testing your new stock you added to sim, and I can say: KTM citylink looks cool and increased top speed makes it a good candidate for tram-trains. I tested KTM citylink on both Rijndam and Simvliet (both 2020 era) and they went well (yeah, speed restriction around Rijndam Centraal made me upset a bit, but good old ATB/ZUB bypass did a trick).
With 81-717 you've done me proud! I already tested it on Coen Moulijn line (seemed like a good place for 3rd rail testing), and I made it to reach top speed 90 km/h. The only thing, which dissapointed me a bit is, that 81-717 sounds like MG2/SG2. In real life, 81-717 sounds very different. 81-717 makes a middle pitched noise between humming/buzzing. I can confirm that because I play Garry's mod with Metrostroi addon, and I can remeber this sound from my childhood, when unmodified version of 81-717 were used in Prague metro.

Well, I'll make a short list of advantages and disadvantages I discovered so far
KTM citylink
Advantages
- much faster than KTM 23 and KTM 31 (top speed 100 km/h, can be used as a tram-train on NS railway).
- modified couplers makes them compatible when coupling with RET metro trains (especially diesel locos).
- when coupled with another KTM Citylink pressing the Ctrl+P/Shift+P keys makes all KTM Citylink trams coupled together to raise/lower pantos simultaneously (unlike KTM 23 and KTM 31, where pressing mentioned combinaton makes raise/lower panto only on controlled car. Other ones coupled together don't raise/lower their panto at all and you have to do it manually).
Disadvantages
-requires overhead wire to run, so it's useless on 3rd rail track. Also when you break the panto on KTM citylink *mimics TF2 soldier* "You're screwed up lady! ;)"
-can't couple with KTM 23 and KTM 31 (in sim they couple together, but connection looks weird).
81-717
Advantages
-pretty original and most recognizable train by many members of our community.
-the lenght of the train can be easily modified by coupling and decoupling 81-714 cars.
-very strong braking, it sometimes surprised me, when I was slowing down
Disadvantages
-requires 3rd rail to operate, so it's useless on overhead wire track.
-it's pretty heavy, so I can be lucky that brakes can be remotely activated, when 81-717 is coupled with and towed by diesel loco. I tried to disable brakes on 81-717 train and diesel loco had so much to do when braking.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I am glad you like the new rolling stock. :P
About the 81-717 sounds; yes, they use the SG2 sounds for now.
When watching youtube footage of the train, I found the sound to be similar to the Dutch railways Mat'64 trains (which dominated the non-intercity train services when I grew up, but are retired from service now). But I do not have a good set of recordings from either of those trains. Youtube footage isn't really usable; I do not have software (or experience) to modify recorded sounds, and you absolutely do not want any background noise in it. You have to be very lucky to find a good bit which fits with Metrosimulator requirements.
Can you imagine; some people talking in the background, or footsteps, or another train passing, and then heaving to hear that over and over again as you ride the train in Metrosimulator? :lol:
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Sjoerd wrote: 11 Feb 2018, 22:11 Can you imagine; some people talking in the background, or footsteps, or another train passing, and then heaving to hear that over and over again as you ride the train in Metrosimulator? :lol:
I actually hear background noises during the closing door sound of the MCV 9100/9200 MP trains.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Indeed; and that was the best recording of a Paris metro closing it's doors I could find (and I have searched a lot). That's why I am hesitant to do that again. ;)