Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Re: Rijndam

Post by Michiel »

The new route that I won't tell you about yet until next week has :roll: no AHOBs as it's completely underground with not a single spot of daylight :twisted: Anyway, let's just wait for the Beta 3.13 topic and leave this topic for Rijndam discussions 8-)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

:( Ok.

So, I think M5 should convert into a tram line :)
M5 to T3 with a new internal stop between Westwoud and Denia
This is now a dead account.
brozma

Post by brozma »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:05 :( Ok.

So, I think M5 should convert into a tram line :)
Good place for KTM Citylink, since Denia is a small city (maybe village) totally independent on Rijndam ;)
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:14
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:05 So, I think M5 should convert into a tram line :)
Good place for KTM Citylink, since Denia is a small city (maybe village) totally independent on Rijndam ;)
Would you want that?
As the real (Alicante-)Benidorm-Denia railway is actually being prepared for tram exploitation, it does not seem too strange.
But in the Rijndam timeline... I has just been added to the metro network a few years back :D

To do it, lowering the platforms would almost be enough... :lol:

(But the change would not be for 3.13 anymore though)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

T2 could have an extension to terminate at Denia but that would make the line too long. Maybe we could swap T2 with T1 for Ketelplein so T2 could terminate at Denia so the line can connect with T3. However, that might include more lag... :?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:41 T2 could have an extension to terminate at Denia but that would make the line too long. Maybe we could swap T2 with T1 for Ketelplein so T2 could terminate at Denia so the line can connect with T3. However, that might include more lag... :?
I will not make any new line extensions with extra scenery and stations, unless the processes of the simulator are changed in order to simulate the network more easily, or we get computers that are a few times more capable then what we have now (so that Rijndam 2020 becomes as easy to handle with full traffic as Simvliet 1982 in explore mode :lol: ).

And it is still a number of km of empty space to fill in before you get close to Denia, from the current terminus of T2.

In the mean time, I will only make improvements on Rijndam 2020 to make it better ;)
(And work on other projects, like that Russian metro this time ;) )
LosAngelesMetro56

Sjoerd wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 22:07 In the mean time, I will only make improvements on Rijndam 2020 to make it better ;)
(And work on other projects, like that Russian metro this time ;) )
Make sure you don't improve it too much or it'll become 2021 :lol:
LosAngelesMetro56

Actually, T3 should be its own service excluded from Rijndam Metro network like the Airport Shuttle and RijndamRail. On the map, it would be faded out like non RET routes as it would be owned by Denia (or whatever) But this is just my opinion.

But the story could go that RET sold M5 to Denia under a contract(you name it) and they decided to convert M5 into their own tram line. Logically, Denia would have their own separate map for their line with a piece of M4 shown on the Transferium side of the map.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

brozma wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:14
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 01 Feb 2018, 21:05 So, I think M5 should convert into a tram line :)
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 05:52 Actually, T3 should be its own service excluded from Rijndam Metro network like the Airport Shuttle and RijndamRail. On the map, it would be faded out like non RET routes as it would be owned by Denia (or whatever) But this is just my opinion.

But the story could go that RET sold M5 to Denia under a contract(you name it) and they decided to convert M5 into their own tram line. Logically, Denia would have their own separate map for their line with a piece of M4 shown on the Transferium side of the map.
As in the real world the railway to Denia is being renovated and prepared for use by trams, I am not negative towards this idea (it will just get closer to the real Denia situation). In fact; I already have some visions about how the tram terminus at Transferium Rijndijk could be build. Also, a new tramstop between Westwoud and Denia would be added, near the railway crossing you pass just before you reach Denia.

The transformation (for 3.14) would be the following;
  • Lowering of the platforms on M5 (after: T3) to tramway height
  • Adding a tramstop between Westwoud and Denia
  • Adding a 1 or 2-track tram terminus at Transferium Rijndijk, so the remaining metro service doesn't get stuck with only one platform track (which would not be practical in case of higher frequencies or disruptions), if I adapted the current track used by line M5 for tram use (And there is not enough room for the T2/M2 solution with platforms on both sides of the track).
  • The Denia line will keep a connection to the metro network, so you will stil be able to get there with an SG3 or RSG2 if you want to (but the platforms will be too low for passenger service with metro rolling stock :D ).
  • The line will stay under ZUB control. The rolling stock will be the KTM Citylink tram (which already has a fully functional ZUB installation), servicing the line out of the Denia depot.
This will only be done in Rijndam 2020; in Rijndam 2006 it will stay a railway, and in 2018 it is part of the metro network. It would just be another evolution in the system. In the politics area you could say; "we are implementing lighter vehicles (calling SG3 'heavyrail' by comparison), in order to give the line a more accessible image; less of a barrier in the middle of Westwoud and Denia. In addition, an extra stop will create a more convenient service, shortening the before/after travel walking distances."

Any further thoughts on the matter? :)

(Before you mention it; I am not planning new years for Rijndam; 4 versions (1985-2006-2018-2020) are enough to include all variants of the network. I do not want to overflow Michiels Metrosimulator menu screen with only Rijndam networks. ;) )
Last edited by Sjoerd on 06 Feb 2018, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
LosAngelesMetro56

I definitely approve. Anybody else?