Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Re: Rijndam

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I don't know how the games engine would handle that performance wise or how limited you are in that matter with Sketchup, but you could try building the landscape as one object, import that into the game and just place that one object featuring all mountains then, then put the track on that.

This has been done in several other games which didnt allow a freely configurable terrain themselfes before. How good this works really is based on how the game engine can handle it.

Some unload stuff once you pass the middle of the object with your camera, so if there are single terrain objects of that size they would just poof away when driving over them. Others really can't deal with objects greater than visibility range... You would have to try but it could be possible to bring mountains into MetroSim that way.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote: 10 Jan 2018, 22:40
But to get back to your question; overhead wires are planned, but not installed just yet. Crossing gates stay. In fact, 15 minutes after I made that photo of the crossing in Gata, two men arrived, blocked of a part of the road for their own safety, and started putting a fresh coat of grey paint on the crossing gate installation on the other side of the track. ;)
Sounds very relatable 8-)
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

For Rijndam 2020 I have a few idea's for changes in the next version. I would like your (all of you) opinion on that before I make my final decision (If I proceed, these changes will only be valid for Rijndam 2020. The other Rijndam networks will not be changed);
  • Change line M4 to 100% 3rd rail (remove overhead wires between Noorderpoort and Rijndam Airport, and install 3rd rail instead). This will make 3rd-rail-only rolling stock use more flexible, as this will no longer be limited to M6 (and M1/M4 short services); line M4 will then be fully open to 3rd-rail-only trains too. To achieve this, this section of line M4 should then also be changed from ZUB to ATB. (Lines M1, M2, M3 and M5 will keep their overhead wire sections, and ZUB remains on M1 and M5.)
  • As mentioned in the Metrovagonmash 81-717 topic, the real metro's use an ATB like system, but with trackside signals present also. I am planning to use the new 81-717 trains on line M6. So; add (RR-type) lightsignals to line M6?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Add the light signals at switches only. (Atleast, that's what I would do.)

As for M4, I like the underground section with overhead wires but I do want to use the 81-717 stock on M4. Hard decision for me...
Electrify the M5 bridge
This is now a dead account.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 17:42 For Rijndam 2020 I have a few idea's for changes in the next version. I would like your (all of you) opinion on that before I make my final decision (If I proceed, these changes will only be valid for Rijndam 2020. The other Rijndam networks will not be changed);
  • Change line M4 to 100% 3rd rail (remove overhead wires between Noorderpoort and Rijndam Airport, and install 3rd rail instead). This will make 3rd-rail-only rolling stock use more flexible, as this will no longer be limited to M6 (and M1/M4 short services); line M4 will then be fully open to 3rd-rail-only trains too. To achieve this, this section of line M4 should then also be changed from ZUB to ATB. (Lines M1, M2, M3 and M5 will keep their overhead wire sections, and ZUB remains on M1 and M5.)
  • As mentioned in the Metrovagonmash 81-717 topic, the real metro's use an ATB like system, but with trackside signals present also. I am planning to use the new 81-717 trains on line M6. So; add (RR-type) lightsignals to line M6?
I agree with the idea about turn line M4 100% third-rail only. And in addition to line M6 you could also use the 81-717 trains on line M4, releasing the SG3 to other lines (as you have a rolling stock rupture).

And yes, please eletrify the line M5 bridge, next to Denia, because if a train broke on that bridge, you will have to couple to a next train, causing delays on the service.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
moyung

Post by moyung »

I think the current situation for M4 and M5 should be kept unchanged to preserve their past history as railway lines. Instead, I propose to install 3rd rail on M4 in conjunction with the overhead wires so that it could accommodate all rolling stocks but also preserve its past. Also, having two electrification systems in place makes the line special!
MattH

Post by MattH »

Can you fix the position of the lights in stations in 1985?

Can you change the tunnels between Central Station and Garenmarkt, and between Westpoort and Brielselaan, and change the viaducts between Brielselaan and Station Westplein to older styles?
luka23

Post by luka23 »

moyung wrote: 17 Jan 2018, 03:49 I think the current situation for M4 and M5 should be kept unchanged to preserve their past history as railway lines. Instead, I propose to install 3rd rail on M4 in conjunction with the overhead wires so that it could accommodate all rolling stocks but also preserve its past. Also, having two electrification systems in place makes the line special!
It doesn't make sense to have two types of electrification systems. I'd prefer third rail myself for M4. Changing to ATB would be great as well.
For M6 I think it would be better to keep the ATB system, but if only external lights have to be added (and note a complete changeover to ZUB) then I'd be fine with that.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

While 81-717 doesn't start making services at line M6, SG2 type Bursa trains run on line M3, between Rijnland Ziekenhuis and Station Westplein.

To Centraal Station, passengers must take line M2. This is a temporarily situation.
Attachments
Bursa.jpg
Bursa.jpg (251.75 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

This train to Rijndam Centraal its a little bit different...
Attachments
Molenwijk.jpg
Molenwijk.jpg (299.9 KiB) Viewed 4841 times