Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Our police tickets are expensive here in California (maybe because we are the richest state in the US)
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Or the other way around; the state is rich because they charge very high fines for every mistake you make :lol:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MattGames

Post by MattGames »

In Finland if you get on the metro, bus or tram without an ticket and the ticket inspectors come on and check tickets and find you without an you will get a 80€ fee
Cheers from Finland :D
LosAngelesMetro56

The state is rich because of our resources.

Anyway, I hope you built police stations in Rijndam because I'm going to cause major problems :twisted:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 13:04 Anyway, I hope you built police stations in Rijndam because I'm going to cause major problems :twisted:
I'll just send out this old repaint when you are on the network;
LosAngelesMetro56

Sjoerd wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 14:04
I'll just send out this old repaint when you are on the network;
You can't stop me coppers!
120a0386-d1a8-4b52-8257-28fd814af7ff.jpg
120a0386-d1a8-4b52-8257-28fd814af7ff.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 4841 times
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Is there in Rotterdam, there are tariff zones on the Subway network ?
henk1234

Post by henk1234 »

They are only used for month- and year passes. You can find the tariff zones on http://openov.nl/zones.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MP 85 wrote: 15 Sep 2017, 17:09 Is there in Rotterdam, there are tariff zones on the Subway network ?
We don't use zones anymore, since the (nationwide, all companies, all public transport) switch to the chipcard system. Now it is a basic price (they call it an "opstaptarief"; an boarding-fee), plus a small added price per traveled kilometer. These exact prices can differ slightly for each public transport concession, and between different modes of transport. What they are exactly; I do not know. I believe the basic price I mentioned is 89 cents for the bus (no km traveled yet), but the price per km is not mentioned on the website of the local company here (Arriva); you would have to use the travel-planner tool to get the total price (or look at the screen when you check-out at your destination), and then use Google maps to measure the distance of the bus route, in order to calculate it :roll: (I think they just don't want you to notice it when they raise the price per km another 0,2 cents :lol: )

But yes; for some forms of month- and year subscriptions, the old zones are still used. But it seems to be very hard to buy a subscription using the old zone system. I tried once with Arriva in Leiden, as I travel between my home and the train station every day, but they did not sell the old type of subscription anymore. The one they replaced it with, turned out the be more expensive then just traveling at the full fare (for 17,50 you get a 20% discount for the bus for a month. But the cost turned out to be higher for me then the achieved discount, even if I travel both directions for 5 days a week :? )
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

In Portugal we now have 75% of discount if we pay old fines, and 50% of discount, if we pay the fines until 15 days.

The medium of the values are from 90 to 500 euros. And in Carris (Lisbon buses and trams), some vehicles sound an alarm, with a red light, if you don't validate your ticket. xD
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.