Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MattH

Re: Rijndam

Post by MattH »

Sjoerd wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 22:27 A screenshot from an activity I made today (yesterday by now, as I look at the time :D )(Rijndam 2006); ;)
Is that an M1 left-side-driving activity, like in 2018?

And yes, I like turning the lights off at practically every tunnel section (the lights seem to be too bright for my liking, I don't want my tunnels lit up like a Christmas-tree :lol: )
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

No, no left hand driving activity. This is a adapted service due to track maintenance activity. The inner track at the city center loop is unavailable.
M2 and M3 both anti-clockwise trough the city center loop, M1 only on Molenwijk - Central Station vv and on Museumkwartier - Noorderpoort vv. Crossplatform transfer at Central Station and Museumkwartier.
(RandstadRail M1 & M4 starting at Noorderpoort to Panbos/Rijndam Airport run normally.)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Hi Sjoerd, I would like to know the interval between train on all six lines during peak and off peak in Rijndam 2020, please.

Thanks in advance.
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

EddyQ10Trains wrote: 09 Aug 2017, 23:12 Hi Sjoerd, I would like to know the interval between train on all six lines during peak and off peak in Rijndam 2020, please.
M1: Molenwijk - Panbos: every 10 minutes
M1: Molenwijk - Westpoort: every 10 minutes (peak only. Therefore: Molenwijk - Garenmarkt: every 5 minutes)
M2: Monument - Central Station via Nationale Opera: every 10 minutes
M3: Rijnland Ziekenhuis - Central Station via Nationale Opera: every 10 minutes ( -> M2+M3 Station Westplein - CS: every 5 minutes)
M4: Rijndam Airport - Transferium Rijndijk: every 10 minutes
M4: Noorderpoort - Central Station: every 10 minutes (peak only. Therefore: this part a metro every 5 minutes)
M5: Denia - Transferium Rijndijk: every 15 minutes
M6: Station Blaak - Tropicana: every 10 minutes, peak every 5 minutes

After 21:30, line M3 only runs between Rijnland Ziekenhuis and Station Westplein (frequency remains the same). Passengers to/from the city center can then transfer to line M2 there.

RijndamRail trainservice:
Rijndam Molenwijk - Noordvliet: every 30 minutes
Rijndam Centraal - Noordvliet: every 30 minutes
Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Zuid: every 30 minutes
Together you get:
Rijndam Molenwijk - Rijndam Centraal: every 15 minutes
Rijndam Centraal - Noordvliet: every 15 minutes
Rijndam Centraal - Rijndam Zuid: every 30 minutes
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

If this where a real metro system, I would use higher frequencies; at least every 7,5 minutes on M2, M3, M4 and M6, and peak services on top of that. But I am keeping in mind that this is a simulation, and I also have to think about computing power (you are calculating all trains at once on your one computer, instead of having a computer for each individual train) and resulting frame-rate. ;)

For Rijndam 2020 I have made an activity for the Airport Shuttleservice, and when I made a copy of that and removed all trains except for the line the activity was for, the frame-rate improved noticeably. So I am thinking of doing the same for other activity's; provide a subfolder in the activities folder with light-versions of the activities, in which other lines (from the view of the players train) are not in service if they are not seen. For example; if you are driving on line M6, all other lines can be silent, for optimal performance of your computer. If you are driving on line M4, no need for trains on M2, M3, Airport Shuttleservice and trainservices.
By moving some files around, you can then chose if you want the "full" activities (with all lines in service), or the "light" versions (only the activity's line and direct visible other lines in service). ;)
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Thank you very much. Also, that is a very good idea.
Sjoerd wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 14:05
Last edited by EddyQ10Trains on 10 Aug 2017, 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Sjoerd wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 14:05
So I guess new 5500 trains will be ordered then?

RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

EddyQ10Trains wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:23
That was ordered back in 2005.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

What are the frequencies in Rijndam 2006? There will be an activity for RijndamRail?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 19:16
EddyQ10Trains wrote: 10 Aug 2017, 16:23
That was ordered back in 2005.
Yes, I know. Looking at the new timetable extra trains will be needed during the peak hours.