Sani1753

Re: Beta 3.11

Post by Sani1753 »

Excuse me i was searching for my problem being resolved
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Sani1753 wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 15:43 Hello,
Can you release a bug fix for the AMD Radeon graphic card because when i get into the tunnel it's getting dark and i can't play
but the game is very beautiful and i love it
Please Respond
Sani1753 wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 23:43 Excuse me i was searching for my problem being resolved
Michiel probably does not have an AMD graphic card in his computer, so ha can't find out what the problem is. Therefore, he can't provide a solution.

For the Glasgow project, I am thinking of providing a version without dark tunnels (instead tunnels just as light as if they where on the surface). I can do this by making a backup of the route just before I begin the proces to build in the darkness and tunnel lights, which I will do at the very end of the project.
However; you will have to wait for that; I will finish Rijndam 2006 and 2020 first (for Beta 3.12). And those will probably not get a secondairy non-dark version, as that would be too much work for too little people.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

STREEEEEAM
This is now a dead account.
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

I've found a bug that when you enter Centraal Station on Line 1 tracks coming from Houtweg, when you pass the "CVL updater" in the middle, the ATB Will give you a 0 signal for about 10 seconds, then back to 35, which means that if the train stops when the signal is 0, it won't open the doors.

This bug works even in explore mode so it's not something wrong with an activity.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Can you tell me exactly how to replicate the problem? Which network where you running, which CTD-file was loaded, which train where you driving?
I have just run a 5500 series metro in Rijndam 1985 and Rijndam 2018 (using the default CTD's for those networks, and no other traffic), and I did not encounter the problem.
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

In Rijndam 2018, this problem shows on the activities Line M1 Afternoon and Sunday, on a 5500 stock train.
If you still don't understand, whatch this video:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have found the problem; a signal wasn't set properly in the CVL.
I can't give you a CVL update right now, as distribution of those files go trough the basic encripted 000-file, which would require an update of the entire program (and only Michiel can do that). But I can show you a way to patch the problem yourself, using the CTD files;

1. Look up which CTD file is referenced in the activity you are using. In "Line M1 Afternoon" (file: "Line M1 Middag.act") is says this:

<controldata system="0" pack="Rijndam2018" file="Rijndam2018.ctd">

This means; this activity uses the file "Rijndam2018.ctd" to set the paths.

2. Open the CTD file. In this case, the default file "Rijndam2018.ctd"

3. Find this block of code (under the junction group RCS1):

Code: Select all

<autoblock start="414" destinations="H,R,O,S,P,A,L,B,E,V,I">
     <start depart="RCS4" timetable="20">414</start>
     <end end="215" />
    </autoblock>
4. Replace it with this block of code:

Code: Select all

<autoblock start="414" destinations="H,R,O,S,P,A,L,B,E,V,I">
     <start>414</start>
     <start>#B340</start>
     <end end="215" />
    </autoblock>
5. Save, exit

6. Do this in the other CTD files too, so all activities will run better. ;)

Now, a path departing the station will be made before you reach the point where you got the 0-absoluut signal. Therefore, you won't get that signal anymore, but a Groen-35 signal instead.

Meanwhile, I have fixed the bug in the CVL, so it will be working correctly in the next Metrosimulator update.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention! :)
VirtualGamer

Post by VirtualGamer »

You're welcome
asdfe

Post by asdfe »

Help. When I enter the Line C, everything's completely dark. I have an AMD Radeon HD graphics card. Can I do something to fix it or not?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

asdfe wrote: 03 Aug 2017, 11:03 Help. When I enter the Line C, everything's completely dark. I have an AMD Radeon HD graphics card. Can I do something to fix it or not?

AMD graphics cards don't work well with Metrosimulator (with the lighting in tunnels). This is a known issue.

->>
Sjoerd wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 07:55
Sani1753 wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 15:43 Hello,
Can you release a bug fix for the AMD Radeon graphic card because when i get into the tunnel it's getting dark and i can't play
but the game is very beautiful and i love it
Please Respond
Sani1753 wrote: 22 Jul 2017, 23:43 Excuse me i was searching for my problem being resolved
Michiel probably does not have an AMD graphic card in his computer, so he can't find out what the problem is. Therefore, he can't provide a solution.

For the Glasgow project, I am thinking of providing a version without dark tunnels (instead tunnels just as light as if they where on the surface). I can do this by making a backup of the route just before I begin the proces to build in the darkness and tunnel lights, which I will do at the very end of the project.
However; you will have to wait for that; I will finish Rijndam 2006 and 2020 first (for Beta 3.12). And those will probably not get a secondairy non-dark version, as that would be too much work for too little people.