Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Re: Rijndam

Post by MetroSimGermany »

As Sjoerd stated at some point those are theoretically made up randomly, but if they are near a street, then yes you can assume that street is named like the station.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 00:22 Was the stations in the suburbs were given a random street name or are there specific streets?
Some street names are just made up (like Rijndamseweg/Simvlietlaan/Brielselaan), and some names can be found in Leiden (like Vossemeerlaan, Beestenmarkt, Blauwpoortsbrug.

About there these streetnames should be located in Rijndam; obviously close to the stations in the network; the roads that either cross with the route of the metro, run parallel to it, or just the road at which you can find the entrance to the station.

I did keep in mind station names when I build the scenery. For example; I placed a large parkinglot directly above "Beestenmarkt", as the Beestenmarkt in Leiden used to be a parkinglot in the city centre (now it is a pedestrian area). And Ketelplein (I made that up) got a large square ('plein') around the station; I image this is where you will find a weekly market. :)

But I did not go very far with the names; I am not placing any streetname signs in the surroundings. :lol:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
NonameRBLX13

Post by NonameRBLX13 »

Bug report: The trains (AI) leaving Station Westplein are leaving their Pantograph down (On Rijndam 2016) that causes to confusion and delay. I got stuck behind Ambachtslaan becuase of the traffic jam.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

NonameRBLX13 wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 11:16 Bug report: The trains (AI) leaving Station Westplein are leaving their Pantograph down (On Rijndam 2016) that causes to confusion and delay. I got stuck behind Ambachtslaan becuase of the traffic jam.
Here is an update of the CTD file, that solves the problem. Unpack, and replace "Data/Rijndam/Rijndam.ctd" by this new file:
Attachments
Rijndam 2016 - update CTD 20170604.zip
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

I like the ads in Rijndam 2018, e.g. RPS instead of UPS and Snail instead of Shell. It's quite funny!
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I created the Snail logo around the end of last year as an idea by Sjoerd to make something based off a typical dutch company like Shell when we were writing about the advert boards on Rijndam. I'm glad it made it into the route :D

Btw, heres the full size version

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

And you did a very good job :D ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

MP 85 wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 19:07
Alfacinha315 wrote: 01 Jun 2017, 12:29 Forgot to change the CVL path at Rijndam Airport 1985... :lol:

He caught fire ? :shock:
Maybe... The train turned black in few seconds! :lol: It was my first ride on the new 9000 series. xD

In Explore mode when departing from SVH2 (Simvliet Museum) it happens the same thing... Trains are swalled under the floor and... Instantly transported to near Stadionweg station, yes, they stay together with the trees placed. :roll: No matter how many trains I send to the same direction, it makes an mix of rolling stock.

Does somebody else has the same problem?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

How did you manage to do that?
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Sjoerd wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 19:33 How did you manage to do that?
I don't know how he did it but, A37 and A38 doesn't have buffers at the end of the track
This is now a dead account.