Poll: Rijndam 2018 ex-freightyard connection

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

What would you like for the Bergenseweg railway connection?

Poll ended at 23 Apr 2017, 13:52

Leave it as it is; the rail connection is out of service, as the freight yard is no longer services by trains.
12%
Leave it as it is, but only as an optical closure (trains may pass through it; lets call it cheating).
16%
Open it up, and make it functional (in the CVL), for incidental use.
72%

Total votes: 25

Sjoerd

Re: Poll: Rijndam 2018 ex-freightyard connection

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Should I use the CVL to get there?
This connection is not in the current CVL.

(Looking at the current poll result, 74% in favor of opening it up, it will be usable trough the CVL in Rijndam 2018. Unless the poll result changes drastically before the poll closes.)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The poll is closed and the results are in; 72% in favor of opening up the connection. :)

The modifications have been made; the connection is open in Rijndam 2018, and it has been build into the CVL. ;)
MattH wrote:Open in 1985 and 2018, closed in 2016 :)
Yes, I agree. In Rijndam 2016, I have fixed the problems that have been found since the release, but I will not make more changes there, so in that network it will remain closed.
Attachments
Rijndam 159 - Bergenseweg aansluiting.jpg
Rijndam 159 - Bergenseweg aansluiting.jpg (357.22 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
brozma

Post by brozma »

Wow, nice! I always dreamed about taking ride on that railway track near Station Westplein. MY DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

@Jefft: Nice glitch you discovered. I tried it as well and it worked. Sadly the track doesn't have loops on the ends, instead there's a unsecured dead end, when you go trough unsecured dead end, the train will teleport near raliway track located near Mojenwijk facing upwards. Also when you go beyond Station Wesplein depot near the dead end the pantograph jumps up into fully deployed position and train behaves like there's no overhead wire at all. Also ATB and ZUB are completely dead on this track. That' because Sjoerd didn't plan this track for being used and left it here for aesthetic purposes

But there's one question. it's possible for Rotterdam metro train to go on NS track in real life? Maybe yes, because their wheels can fit onto regular rail, but I don't know, how many volts is in NS owerhead wire and I don't know if Rotterdam metro train can handle it. Maybe it's too high for Rotterdam metro train and raising pantograph will result in totally fried electric system, but I am not sure. :|
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

In real life they do it like this:
Metrotransport.jpg
Metrotransport.jpg (242.29 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
In the past the RET used their own locomotives for this, but they got banned by ProRail like 15 years ago when rules were made more strict as they did not have the right equipment (no ATB-EG, and probably not the right communication equipment either). Driving with pantograph raised is probably a bad idea, the voltage on these wires is double what the metros are used to, so best case scenario is that some safety feature kicks in and shuts off the power :P :roll:
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

This was when the MG2/1 and SG2/1 had an Midlife revision between 2013 and 2016.
brozma

Post by brozma »

RotterdamMetroLover wrote: 21 May 2017, 18:43 This was when the MG2/1 and SG2/1 had an Midlife revision between 2013 and 2016.
Maybe yes. I don't know :|

@Michiel: I see. So if i go on NS track with Rotterdam train and raise pantograph, these 2 scenarios can occur

(Train used: SG3, 3 cars)
1st one
Me: Well, Let's go to the Amsterdam *raises pantograph*
*loud click and traction shuts down*
Me: Darn it! Stupid circuit breaker tripped :x ! How could this happen?! *lowers pantograph, opens circuit breaker box and switches on tripped breaker, goes into remaning cars and does the same procedure, then returns to front driver cabin* Let's do it again *raises pantograph*
*loud click and traction shuts down again*
Me: Grrrr :evil: ! I'm done with this piece of [censored]!

2nd one
Me: Well, Let's go to the Amsterdam *raises pantograph*
*loud banging starts from behind of driver cabin
Me: WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! :shock: *crouches into brace position*
*banging stops and everything in cabin shuts down*
Me: *stands up* What the hell was that, why is cabin shutted down and where's that horrible smell coming from? *goes outside of driver cabin and notices gray thick smoke outside comin from chasis* HOLY [censored] :shock: !!! Traction is fried! And I guess it took away entire electric system with it. *coughs* I need to get out! *opens one of the doors using emergency door opening and looks to the nearest chasis* Urrgh It's burned into ash! I don't think, they'll fix it in depot. Now I gotta get a locomotive to tow this fried piece of [censored] back to depot.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The engines start running very fast for a very short time, and then..... never again :lol: :lol:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

You forgot option #3: everything works, but lights are twice as bright and train accelerates twice as fast, and basically you just invented the cheapest highspeed train that still outperforms the V250.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

That would be a nice experiment; all SG2's are now out of service; lets put one of them (if there are still non-museum non-demolished ones remaining) under NS overhead wires and try to start it up.... :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

If the boss sees the damage of it, you will immediatly get fired :evil: . I'm not the boss luckly :) . And I'm not angry, the boss is angry.