Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Rijndam

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

What names would you suggest for the roads in that area?
This is now a dead account.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Sjoerd wrote: 12 May 2017, 20:20 Yes. In Rijndam 2016, houses are being build there. So in Rijndam 2018, those houses are finished. And the people who live there, will want to be able to reach their homes with their cars (if they have them). So a new crossing was needed. ;)
It's just the road that made me a bit intrigued because before there was a bike path, but I do recognize the museumline. :)
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

The bikepath hasn't moved, it is still present. This screenshot was taken a little bit closer to Noordvliet. ;)

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 12 May 2017, 20:43 What names would you suggest for the roads in that area?
It is difficult enough to make up station names (which I need to do again for the new stations I am adding in Rijndam 2020; details will follow after the release of 3.11). I am not going to make up road names too.

Except ofcourse; you can take it that roads next to stations with a road name (names ending with "straat" (street), "Laan" (lane) or "weg" (road)) will carry that name. ;)
Like the station "Arendstraat" (Eagle street); that will also be the name of the street next to the station :)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Or Avenue :roll: .
LosAngelesMetro56

Ok, I named that road, "Zomerweg."
MattH

Post by MattH »

Are there 'physical' signals on the Museum line? (tracks to and from W4+W5 should have dwarf signals, and tracks 906+907 towards 905 should have main signals, due to the ZUB)
Are the Transport Museum TBAs displaying Rijndam destinations?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes
LosAngelesMetro56

Whenever the M/SG2/1 releases, there should be an activity for when a pilot car(5401 and/or 5301) was sent to Rijndam to be tested on Line M2 starting from the Molenwijk depot. The schedule can be altered to have the test train to run in between regular service trains.

Inspired by: https://sim.bemined.nl/forum/viewtopic. ... 250#p13658
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I'll probably do that. But I'll send it out on line M3 instead; as line M2 goes trough a business district, it is a more busy line. If a breakdown occurs at the Rijnland Hospital branch, that will inconvience less travelers ;)
And yes; the initial testing should be from Depot Molenwijk, as that is where the maintenance facility is located :)
LosAngelesMetro56

I've also named the road near the M2/3 junction, "Geirbaan." I will continue naming streets personally to prevent spamming. @Sjoerd I will DM you names of the roads around Rijndam and want your opinion