Scrollsign Command Help

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

SimvlietLineC

Scrollsign Command Help

Post by SimvlietLineC »

So now since I mastered activity building, I need help with the scrollsign because in my activities the train's destination signs are blank. I am currently making an activity for 1982. Can someone help me figure out the scrollsigns?
Simvliet :D
Sjoerd

Re: Scrollsign Command Help

Post by Sjoerd »

The scrollsigns are set in the CTD. When you make an acitivity, and you assign a route, the simulator looks up this route in the CTD, and with it the scrollsign information.

Like this for Simvliet Centrum to De Bergen in Simvliet 1982:

Code: Select all

<route code="CB" end="134,136,137,139" totaltime="285" reversetime="30" scrollsign="bgn">
   <aimarkers>
    <marker block="106" marker="106-1"/>
    <marker block="107" marker="107-1"/>
    <marker block="109" marker="109-1"/>
   </aimarkers>
   <times>
    <depart platform="SVC1" time="  0" destinationcode="5" station="svc"  actions="stop"         stops="svc1,svc2,svc3"/>
    <stop   platform="ADP1" time="105" destinationcode="5" station="adp"  actions="stop"         stops="adp1,adp2"/>
    <stop   platform="KVL1" time="195" destinationcode="5" station="kvl"  actions="stop"         stops="kvl1,kvl2" scrollsign="#"/>
    <arrive platform="BGN3" time="285" destinationcode="2" station="bgn"  actions="stop,finish"  stops="bgn1,bgn2,bgn3,bgn4"/>
   </times>
  </route>
scrollsign="bgn" <--

Others:

scrollsign="sdw" (Stadionweg)
scrollsign="opk" (Oostpark)
scrollsign="bd" (Buiten Dienst / out of service)
scrollsign="svc" (Simvliet Centrum)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 10 Apr 2017, 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
SimvlietLineC

Post by SimvlietLineC »

I also need help on how to set the player's spawn, because the player always spawns in Bergpark Depot.
Simvliet :D
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

If that happens, it means you have forgotten to assign a metro to the player. If the simulator has no information about where to place te player, it will put you in the network in the same position where it places you when you open the network in explore mode.

In order to assign a metro to the player, add this line to the consist in the ACT file;

<cab id="0" mycontrol="true" />
Cab ID is either 0 (front cab) or 1 (rear cab).

An example (from Rijndam):

<consist start="X808" position="43">
   <train pack="RET" file="5600-2017.xml">
    <cab id="0" mycontrol="true" />
   </train>
  </consist>
-> This places a consist at spawnpoint X808 at position 43 (43 meters from the spawnpoint).
-> The first (and only) trainset in this consist is a 5600 in R-net livery, and the player is in control of the front cab.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D