How to enable the Editor in 3.10

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

How to enable the Editor in 3.10

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Many people waited for this moment, and it has finally come. Though - of course - not official.

This is a step to step guide leading you to the editor mode in MetroSim 3.10

For this to work, please read the instructions carefully. And of course, this all happens on your own risk - no one is responsible for any harm caused to innocent metro trains by you

This should actually be named step number 0, but for the convenience we are number one.
Before doing anything, start by creating a backup of you current MetroSim installation, in case you bug something.

If you have any add-ons such as the HSM, MSG2P or the Zevenkamp Line installed, please move them out of the main directory, as they might interfere with the process. They can be reinstalled later.
The main directory should look like this:
MetroSimmain.jpg
MetroSimmain.jpg (183.83 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Create a desktop shortcut for the simulator.exe. If you already have a desktop shortcut for it, you only need to do it once. Otherwise create another desktop shortcut. In the end you need to have two desktop shortcuts for it.
metrosimdesktop.jpg
metrosimdesktop.jpg (24.65 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Name one of the shortcuts "MetroSimulator 3.10". We don't do any more to it right now, we need it for later.
Name the other shortcut "MetroSimulator3.10 Editor"

Now the magic happens:
Go to the settings for the "MetroSimulator3.10 Editor" shortcut and theres the link to where the simulator.exe is. Put -Debug -Editor at the end of the link.
MetroSimSettings.jpg
MetroSimSettings.jpg (55.71 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Now let MetroSim initialize debug mode. Start MetroSim using the old "MetroSimulator 3.10" shortcut. Don't use the one for the editor right now.
Let it start and load up the menu. Then close the game again with ALT+F4.

Now start MetroSim using the Editor shortcut you created. Let it load up and you should have editor mode enabled. Do for example CTRL+PageUp in game to feel the power of debug mode.

Wait... it didn't work? :o

Well this is a very special command, that only works on a very special day.
So if you didn't get it yet APRIL FOOLS! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Tell me in the comments if you actually got through the whole procedure just to realize I was a sneaky little troll. :D

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
brozma

Re: How to enable the Editor in 3.10

Post by brozma »

Wow good job! I almost fell for it! BTW route editor is the thing, that everybody desperately asked for in the past. IDK if Michiel will make an route editor, but I think he'll make it in the future, so we have to be patient.
If you want to make a very fast ride, just disable ATB/ZUB, put trottle to 1.00 and enjoy.
In my Avatar is a Logo of a Prague metro.
Sorry for my bad English. I am Czech and i am learning English
MP 85

Re: How to enable the Editor in 3.10

Post by MP 85 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: