Automatic door protection

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

luka23

Re: Automatic door protection

Post by luka23 »

In order to have platform doors the trains have to have the same distance between the doors, which is impossible with different types of train sets.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Sjoerd wrote:
Guille3604 wrote:
Samuel wrote:Well, I'm someone who will never give it a chance! :D
Make it twee! :mrgreen:
Are you two afraid your driving skills are not good enough to stop at exactly the right position? :D
Nope, I ain't afraid of nothing, that is why I don't wanna have ATO on my lines! :lol:

Sjoerd wrote:I am a volunteer driver at the Amsterdam museumtram
Ooooooooooooooooooh maaaaaaaaaaaaan, you just didn't say that... Next time I visit Amsterdam, you'll have me asking the whole time for a "hands on" on the controller! :lol:
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

luka23 wrote:In order to have platform doors the trains have to have the same distance between the doors, which is impossible with different types of train sets.
Well technically you can make platform doors that support variable distance between doors by making both sides slide (so no fixed wall, both both 'door' and 'wall' can move in both directions). I don't think you will see that a lot in real life though, as most metro systems where they use platform doors have dedicated rolling stock for those lines, no need to make a more complex solution for a problem that only exists in theory.
Guille3604

Post by Guille3604 »

Michiel wrote:
Sjoerd wrote:my house is nearly a railway museum
I think the real question here is: do you have platform doors in your garage that only open when your car is parked there precisely on the right place?
Nice one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Samuel

Post by Samuel »

Sjoerd wrote:But just don't tell me you are sure you have better feel for trains and metro's; you have never met me, you do not know me as a person, you do not know my history.
I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry about that :oops:
I'm not here.