Beta 3.10

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: Beta 3.10

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Samuel wrote: If you really want that then take a look at Train Fever, Metro Simulator isn't made for that... :roll:
Train Fever is out of date. Transport Fever is what you mean. :roll:
This is now a dead account.
Xipheas

Post by Xipheas »

It's not unreasonable to expect a simulator to do that. Some do it better than others. Still, that's a long way off, even if it were added.
All down to the boss man.
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

If there's passengers, I really hope they will walk into the carriage instead of vanish from platform and appear on the seats (like those in train simulator 20xx)
Right now, what I really hope to see is the doors can be open individually by pressing the door button
Anyway, it's Michel decision, we really shouldn't push him.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I have made professional traffic simulations before which included pedestrians (using the PTV Vissim simulation program). These are used to test designs for, for example, busstations. I once made a simulation of the future layout of the Amsterdam South train & metro station in rush hour (a few years ago); this simulation included so many people all at once (a few thousand), it took 16 hours to calculate a 1-hour simulation time, on a computer that was fitted with extra RAM memory.

You would have to make passengers enter the platform, wait for their metro to arrive (spread out over the platform), then locate the doors, and see them inside, and then get out again on another station. And they have to react to each other; not walk right trough other pedestrians.
Even if there are a lot fewer people then in the simulations I have made in the past, it would probably still take a lot of computer capacity.

I would make passengers a low priority for the simulator for now, and if they where added, to include a setting about how many passengers (like none/few/average/crowded), to adjust the setting to your computer capacity (to avoid a very slow simulation). ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Thanim1254

Post by Thanim1254 »

The AI doesn't open the doors at the stations. It just looks weird seeing an AI train at a station with the doors closed. Will this feature be added?
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Yes the AI will be updated to automatically open several passenger doors.
Attachments
drsg3.jpg
drsg3.jpg (201.14 KiB) Viewed 5517 times
kinkisharyo

Post by kinkisharyo »

Sjoerd wrote:I have made professional traffic simulations before which included pedestrians (using the PTV Vissim simulation program). These are used to test designs for, for example, busstations. I once made a simulation of the future layout of the Amsterdam South train & metro station in rush hour (a few years ago); this simulation included so many people all at once (a few thousand), it took 16 hours to calculate a 1-hour simulation time, on a computer that was fitted with extra RAM memory.

You would have to make passengers enter the platform, wait for their metro to arrive (spread out over the platform), then locate the doors, and see them inside, and then get out again on another station. And they have to react to each other; not walk right trough other pedestrians.
Even if there are a lot fewer people then in the simulations I have made in the past, it would probably still take a lot of computer capacity.

I would make passengers a low priority for the simulator for now, and if they where added, to include a setting about how many passengers (like none/few/average/crowded), to adjust the setting to your computer capacity (to avoid a very slow simulation). ;)
Just some imagination,don't take it serious.
I study programming before, and I know it's hard to build a function from scratch
Let's wait till computer processing power is strong enough to handle the calulation, then we can continue on these topic
Right now, we should wait and see how amazing is Beta 3.10
Thanim1254

Post by Thanim1254 »

Two things: 1. Will the pantograph problem be solved in 3.10 after Stadionweg in line A in the tunnel?
2. When the unlock door button is pressed, will you be able to double click the open button to open the door?

(YouTube - The Scratch Cat!)
(Instagram - the_scratch_cat)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Thanim1254 wrote: Will the pantograph problem be solved in 3.10 after Stadionweg in line A in the tunnel?
I really hope that got fixed. That always triggered me every time I stopped, or went 3rd person.
This is now a dead account.
JeffT

Post by JeffT »

I often get a track circuit failure at juntion 139 in Bergpark Depot. Often after driving a train from A30 to A44.
Any one else have this problem?

Currently running Metro Simulator Beta on NVIDIA GeForce GT1030 2GB grafic card.