HSM Addon

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

HSM Addon

Post by Michiel »

For those who think the metro simulator isn't fast enough, here is the official High Speed Metro addon. Download and extract into the installation folder, disable the automatic train protection and race as far as you want. Or repaint the train into your favourite colour.
atimur

Re: HSM Addon

Post by atimur »

Nice train, brings in something new in terms of rolling stock types ;) Still not very clear for me why it's so streamlined, it has 160 kph top speed, not 250, and I don't like its design very much, but thanks anyway.

Btw, it marks the first time when train in Metrosim has gangways through the whole consist.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

atimur wrote:Still not very clear for me why it's so streamlined, it has 160 kph top speed, not 250, and I don't like its design very much, but thanks anyway.
Just keep accelerating; it will reach 250 km/h... ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
atimur

Post by atimur »

Sjoerd wrote:
atimur wrote:Still not very clear for me why it's so streamlined, it has 160 kph top speed, not 250, and I don't like its design very much, but thanks anyway.
Just keep accelerating; it will reach 250 km/h... ;)
I know, I've tried this out already :D
nstomjanssen2000

Post by nstomjanssen2000 »

With a grey front it really looks like a mouse. But I don't like it very much too. Maybe Simvliet Design Incorporated can hire me?
Met hoogachtende groet, prof. dr. in. mr. Duymsuych, gepromoveerd in de Slag om de Coeck. Hierin sneuvelden 66 chocoladekoekjes, 72 speculaasjes, 101 stroopwafels, 145 ... [Dit relaas is onderbroken wegens het gebrek aan nut ervan.]
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I know what you mean; it's a great train for if you want to drive something different, but as you reach the other end of the line within a few minutes, and you need the whole line to be empty, it's just not very practical.
A long (also repaintable) version of the 'standard' (R)SG3 (with the normal endcars) would have been more usefull (more potential for actual use). ;)

@Michiel; could you do us a favour and realise this? You already have all the parts, you would only have to put them together into a consist (and upload it). :)
metroverslaafde

Post by metroverslaafde »

I really like it!
Only I have some Ai issues, but that is not a big problem.
The train looks nice and will work fine in a normal activity, except for the Ai stopping before the whole train is in the station.

I don't see why this high speed metro is impractical, because it can drive slowly as normal metros.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

metroverslaafde wrote:I don't see why this high speed metro is impractical, because it can drive slowly as normal metros.
I do like the train! But I do not find it very practical. Yes, it can drive as slowly as normal metro's, but to make a comparison; you won't see a Thalys or ICE3 train in the Sprinter-service (stopping at all stations) Den Haag - Roosendaal either. ;)
Darius

Post by Darius »

Nice looking train. Is it able to run alongside the other normal trains? Also, is it playable on activities, or do I have to make my own routes?
MG2

Post by MG2 »

Yes you can have it running alongside with the regular trains and on activities as long as you drive it yourself, as the AI wont recognize it's stop markers.