Rewriting the history

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Michiel
Site Admin

Rewriting the history

Post by Michiel »

People following the wiki might have noticed that I started to rewrite the history of Simvliet. Over the last years, some parts of Simvliet were altered more then once as part of new releases. Some changes made sense in the historic timeline, while some others....well....didn't :lol: While I could invent the story that the sudden change of Simvliet Centrum from a simple street level station to a elevated station in the middle of the city to a *3.11 spoiler* by saying that a rebel alliance of Rijndam and Briel keep bombing the city forcing me to rebuild it every time, instead I'm singly ignoring the fact that there ever was a Simvliet Centrum station on street level and that *3.11 spoiler* wasn't there yet in 3.10.

This also applies to the many different variations of the Stadionweg station. Ignoring the fact as to why it's called Stadionweg in the first place without there being a stadium there at all, Stadionweg is now formally being defined as a 'former freight station', and there were basically only three variations of it in the history: the old freight yard prior of the Simvliet Metro being introduced, the three track Simvliet metro station + two remaining abandoned freight tracks (that were later temporarily used by the Springstraat - Stadionweg shuttle) and the current version with five tracks and the dive under. The other versions never happened.

In the future releases (probably 3.12) I'm planning to revisit the older versions of 2006 and 1985 with the configuration as they were intended. Perhaps as a bonus a 1968 version will be made some day as well, where the metro is still under construction and the old freight line is still connected, but that will probably be in an even later version.
Sjoerd

Re: Rewriting the history

Post by Sjoerd »

Let's go back into the past an create an alternate timeline.... :D

http://wordpress.carthrottle.com/wp-con ... -train.jpg

(Nice idea for the simulator: create a DeLorean timemachine, in the Back to the Future 3 "on rails" configuration, and then program Metrosimulator in a way that you automatically switch to another Simvliet/Rijndam year when you reach 88 miles an hour (141,6 km/h) :D ).
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Let me guess: Simvliet Centrum is going to be underground in 3.11
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Simvliet Centrum and Alexanderpark, I guess... After Kruidvedlaan line will be underground.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

No, can't be more wrong. But I'm not going to say what did happen over there.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Hmmm, I wonder if it is a mystery what is going to be coming :shock: .
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Hum... Maybe both stations on the street level?

And which trains made Stadionweg - Springstraat shuttle?
Last edited by Alfacinha315 on 18 Apr 2017, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

By the way, Michiel, I think I found an error on Simvliet Wiki page... On the game I have Simvliet 1982, but on the Wiki it says it is mentioned as in 1986. Just to don't confuse anyone! ;)
MattH

Post by MattH »

Michiel wrote:*3.11 spoiler*
Wait, a heavy rail station?

As for changes to Simvliet, someone said on the dutch forum about giving one of the stations the Hoekselijn treatment, personally Araplein would be the best option, and I feel that the section from Parklaan/Oostpark-Lelywaard should be elevated, but that's my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Michiel wrote:This also applies to the many different variations of the Stadionweg station. Ignoring the fact as to why it's called Stadionweg in the first place without there being a stadium there at all, Stadionweg is now formally being defined as a 'former freight station', and there were basically only three variations of it in the history: the old freight yard prior of the Simvliet Metro being introduced, the three track Simvliet metro station + two remaining abandoned freight tracks (that were later temporarily used by the Springstraat - Stadionweg shuttle) and the current version with five tracks and the dive under. The other versions never happened.
Now we know more about the past of the station Stadionweg and Springstraat.
Jim2016 wrote:Let me guess: Simvliet Centrum is going to be underground in 3.11
If that were the case it would be buried from the station Bergen.
Last edited by MP 85 on 28 Apr 2017, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.