Rjindam Metro Suggestions

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Should M1 be double tracked from Noordvliet to Panbos? If not, please explain why.

Yes, I think M1 should be double tracked fully.
39%
No, I think M1 should stay the way it is.
61%

Total votes: 44

SimvlietLineC

Rjindam Metro Suggestions

Post by SimvlietLineC »

I think that M1 should be double tracked from Noordvliet to Panbos. I mean its up to Sjoerd, but I wanna see what you guys think.
Simvliet :D
Jim2016

Re: Rjindam Metro Suggestions

Post by Jim2016 »

I believe that like line A in Simvliet, it should remain as it is, so as to be unique in the line and except line M5 and the airport shuttle, is the only single-track section in Rijndam.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I believe that if this where a real situation, this section would never get a second track.
With this single track section, it is still possible to run a 10-minute interval. The only reason to add another track would be to increase the frequency. As this is a part of the line on the edge of the network, just connecting a small town (and a recreational area) to Rijndam, a higher frequency would not be needed here. So why make the expenses? ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
metro sim addict

Post by metro sim addict »

I think it should be like Line A in Simvliet so that it has double track from Noordvliet to Rijnwoude Dorp and from Einklaan to Panbos and the rest single track. :) :) :)
Sub to my Youtube Channel Please!
youtube.com/GeorgeAllen
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

If you can find single tracks around a huge city like London, you can probably find them here as well.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Line E in Rotterdam had also a single track, but that was between 2006 and 2010. And that was between Melachtonweg and the Former Rotterdam Hofplein station before it closed in 2010.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Good idea but let's say that after Noordvliet it has fewer people taking the subway. So I do not think it is necessary to do a double track.
lukescool

Post by lukescool »

I think the single track should stay as it is because it makes M1 more interesting to drive on with the one platformed stations and passing loops. :)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

In CP Lisboa network there are two services with single track, in the part of the lines: between Campolide and Alcântara-Terra, in Azambuja line, and between Setúbal and Praias do Sado, in Sado line. However, Metro de Lisboa, Metro do Porto and Metro Transportes do Sul all lines are in double-track. But in London I know there are some services with single track (and also, on some Southern Railway and London Overground services).

BTW, in Rijndam 2018 the new M5 kine would be on single track, in the entire route... So, I don't think there will be necessary to duplicate all the lines for now, maybe on beta 3.12 or someelse... However, at Sundays M5 trains could be extended to Centraal Station, where single compositions would be converted into double compositions, and then, run to Monument as M2 line.

Seizing the topic, I would like to suggest to Sjoerd the possibility of having Express services on line M1, alternated to local services, as well as new validators in the platforms. I also would suggest a new tram network, complementing with the subway network (I know that in Rotterdam there are trams from RandstadRail, I just googled about it, tell me if I'm wrong about it...).
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: Seizing the topic, I would like to suggest to Sjoerd the possibility of having Express services on line M1, alternated to local services, as well as new validators in the platforms.
I do not think I will be making express services for Rijndam; the network is not designed for fast and slow trains on the same routes; apart from the Central Station there are no locations where a fast train can overtake a slower train (like De Bergen in Simvliet). However, I do have an activity in which you drive from the Transportmuseum to Panbos and back, using the RSG2 metro. In this activity, you have to be punctual and hurry (skip all stations between Noordvliet and Panbos), because if you do not; you are seriously delaying normal services.

Validators on the platforms; at this moment, there is no such object in the object library. Perhaps if you ask Michiel? If OV-Chipkaart checkin/checkout gates/validators are included, then I will use them. ;)
I also would suggest a new tram network, complementing with the subway network (I know that in Rotterdam there are trams from RandstadRail, I just googled about it, tell me if I'm wrong about it...).
There are no RandstadRail trams in Rotterdam. Rotterdam has only connected it's Metro network to the RandstadRail system. RandstadRail metro's (the RET 5500 series) run from Slinge in the south of Rotterdam to The Hague Central Station. The RandstadRail trams (the HTM 4000 series) enter the RandstadRail system from The Hague, to run from "De Uithof" and "Loosduinen" in The Hague to Zoetermeer.
Between The Hague station "Laan van NOI" and Leidschenveen, the RET 5500-metro's and the HTM 4000-trams run on the same tracks.
Here is a map; the blue line is the RET metro line, the purple and orange lines are for the trams. The grey lines are national railways.
http://www.urbanrail.net/eu/nl/dhg/den-haag-map.gif
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D