Simvliet Citizens

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: I'm a Simvliet Citizen

Post by Sjoerd »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:I've just been told that my area was on lockdown because someone was being held hostage and I slept through it...
And the relevance for metrosimulator is...?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

There's a brake and entering at De Molens.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Then this repaint I made a few years back might be usefull again; a police SG2 :D

https://s26.postimg.org/v7mjljaa1/Politie_T.jpg
LosAngelesMetro56

What was it originally used for? :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In January 2015, during the live evening news, an armed man got into the building of the NOS (one of the main Dutch news stations) and demanded time on live television (I was watching it too at that moment).
A clever security guard led him to a studio which was not in use at that moment, but it was still a hostage situation. When the police entered the room later, he surrendered and nobody was harmed.

Later that evening, I made this repaint as homage to the way the situation was dealt with. ;)

The arrest of the hostage taker was put on youtube; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6stumN5x8
From a different angle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWBH6Ix1kY0
LosAngelesMetro56

Smart

==Service Alerts==

Line B: Trains turn back at Winterlaad due to Police Activity at De Molens. Bus shuttles have been requested.
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Due to a derailment at Oostpark all trains from line C are terminating at Tusselveden. Bus replacing is avaiable between Stadionweg and Lelywaard. The circulation on line C must be normalized tomorrow by morning.

Meanwhile, at Rijndam, the 02:15 PM train on Sunday, january 28th, will be realized with original SG2 between Noordvliet and Panbos, due to a museum excursion of train enthusiasts from Portugal (APAC - Associação Portuguesa dos Amigos dos Caminhos de Ferro) and Spain (Museo Vasco del Ferrocarril), starting at Transpormuseum. The return must be done with the same rolling stock, at 06h30 PM, from Panbos.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: Meanwhile, at Rijndam, the 02:15 PM train on Sunday, january 28th, will be realized with original SG2 between Noordvliet and Panbos, due to a museum excursion of train enthusiasts from Portugal (APAC - Associação Portuguesa dos Amigos dos Caminhos de Ferro) and Spain (Museo Vasco del Ferrocarril), starting at Transpormuseum. The return must be done with the same rolling stock, at 06h30 PM, from Panbos.
As the head of the Rijndam Electrical Transport (RET :lol: ) company, I welcome the delegation from Portugal and Spain! :)
I will give special dispensation for the use of the original SG2 rolling stock on line M1 for this event, as this is needed to drive with switched off train protection system (which is needed to run an ATB-only equipped metro on a ZUB protected part of the network). For security reasons, a second fully qualified driver has to be present in the cab, the whole time the train protection system is switched off. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Well, I'm jobless... Thanks a lot @Alfacinha315 :(
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:Well, I'm jobless... Thanks a lot @Alfacinha315 :(
Better luck next time... But I think you can't consider that you are the only member of the forum to play that role, althought it's fictional.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.