Simvliet Citizens

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

Re: I'm a Simvliet Citizen

Post by Alfacinha315 »

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 13:58
Alfacinha315 wrote: 05 Jul 2017, 10:54 Due to track work; (De Molens - Stadionweg)
So the interlocking between Rozenpad and Berklaan is out of service?
Nop, this change was just for giving space to trackworks at Stadionweg - De Molens direction.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

A contract for beautifying old roads all over Simvliet is available for signing. Citizens can then enjoy a smooth ride in there vehicles and buses. For €260M, all street's and traffic signals can be improved. This is under the " Degree 180" contract.

A second contract, the "Degree 360," will upgrade the metro line's signals and tracks. For €145M, drivers can have better efficiency.
This is now a dead account.
Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel »

Simvliet has busses?
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Michiel wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 06:15 Simvliet has busses?
I hope so, busses are the new craze. Apparently, Simvliet Council have ordered these new machines to operate on busy routes. :lol: :lol:
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

EddyQ10Trains wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 07:42 busses are the new craze. Apparently, Simvliet Council have ordered these new machines to operate on busy routes. :lol: :lol:
The world in reverse; on busy routes, you would expect existing buslines to be replaced by tramlines (or metrolines). Not the other way around. :)

Last year, the Dutch railways (NS) experimented with bus services in an attempt to create extra capacity on busy train routes. I didn't work; as those busses needed more time for the same distance (even with routes chosen to provide a direct connection, to make them more appealing to passengers who would otherwise have to change trains somewhere along the way), they where not used much at all. Even though those services where announced using the stations speakers every day on the stations where those busses departed (like Utrecht Central station, and Amsterdam South). So the experiment was canceled pretty soon.
Passengers like standing during a train journey better then sitting in a bus (rather stand 50 minutes then sit for 75 to reach the destination), especially if that bus is affected by rush hour traffic (meaning even longer and unpredictable travel times). :lol:
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
EddyQ10Trains

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 08:56
EddyQ10Trains wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 07:42 busses are the new craze. Apparently, Simvliet Council have ordered these new machines to operate on busy routes. :lol: :lol:
The world in reverse; on busy routes, you would expect existing buslines to be replaced by tramlines (or metrolines). Not the other way around. :)

Last year, the Dutch railways (NS) experimented with bus services in an attempt to create extra capacity on busy train routes. I didn't work; as those busses needed more time for the same distance (even with routes chosen to provide a direct connection, to make them more appealing to passengers who would otherwise have to change trains somewhere along the way), they where not used much at all. Even though those services where announced using the stations speakers every day on the stations where those busses departed (like Utrecht Central station, and Amsterdam South). So the experiment was canceled pretty soon.
Passengers like standing during a train journey better then sitting in a bus (rather stand 50 minutes then sit for 75 to reach the destination), especially if that bus is affected by rush hour traffic (meaning even longer and unpredictable travel times). :lol:

Lol, "busses"
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

Michiel wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 06:15 Simvliet has busses?
PFFFFT :lol:. ROFL
This is now a dead account.
RotterdamMetroLover

Post by RotterdamMetroLover »

Sjoerd wrote: 20 Jul 2017, 08:56

I've read that on a service they will run trains every 10 minutes. I don't know which route though.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

In the 2018 timetable, they will run intercity trains every ten minutes between Amsterdam and Eindhoven.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
707Metro

Re: Simvliet Citizens

Post by 707Metro »

At busy stations dispatchers should be on duty to assist train dispatch and warn passengers of the closing doors by a whistle. At smaller stations the driver shall visually check the platform and blow the whistle before closing the doors