Discord - fast chat for our community

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

Discord - fast chat for our community

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Hey, some may already be fammiliar with the Discord service, a text and voice (optional) chat service that runs from a client or in the browser. As Jean already suggested a chat service, Discord has more than just the standard chat. You can also send files, have a nice ranking system, and optional voice communication. Yes, I already put that in the chat thread, but I wanted to point it out in a single thread as it is a different approach on a chat for our community. I set a Discord system up for another train sim community forum I'm in and everybody enjoys it. So here is a test if that works for our community too.

So just join us at: https://discord.gg/3QJ2SSN

One last thing: Please consider using your forum nick, as that makes it easier for other users to recongnize you.

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
MetroSimGermany

Re: Discord - fast chat for our community

Post by MetroSimGermany »

I'm currently testing a Bot on the server for one week. If the users are not happy with it, I is going to be removed again.
The list of botcommands can be opened with ?help for general commands and ?botcommands for server exclusive custom commands.

The bot scans names and posts for forbidden words. Every user will be warned by the bot, before anything will happen, so don't worry about bot malfunctions.

Greets, Mika ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)