BETA 3.10 FAQ (Read before starting new topic!)

General discussions

Moderators: senjer, Tom

Did the FAQ help you solve your problem?

Yes
63%
No, the methode did not work
15%
No, my problem is not mentioned
22%

Total votes: 27

MetroSimGermany

BETA 3.10 FAQ (Read before starting new topic!)

Post by MetroSimGermany » 31 Dec 2016, 08:57

The questions that all pop up over the forum today. A friendly reminder: Please use the forum search and the Rijndam thread is not a general support forum about Beta 3.10.

Q: Is there a 32-Bit Version?
A: No, there isn´t. That has to do with the fact that Beta 3.10 just needs much more resources than 3.9

Q: The installer is corrupt/broken, please obtain a new copy
A: Do as told: redownload and retry. Often there is a fault with browsers not downloading the full file and leaving it corrupted or too much traffic on the servers causing a disconnection and leaving the file incomplete. Try different browsers/download times.

Q: api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing
A: Did you run the .exe installer in full? It should install the Microsof C++ Libraries Distributable. These are nessecary to run the game

Q: "SimulatorBeta.exe / MetroSimulator 0.5 BETA 3.10 has stopped working" when starting the game
A: Download the compadability package for old Direct X Versions from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=8109

Q: Other DLL is missing or does not work
A: Download the OpenAL Audio Library. Its also required to run the game

Q: There is no line M4 activity for Rijndam?
A: Download the fix from the Rijndam thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=814&p=10851#p10851

Q: The Sneltram Special activity spawns in the wrong train
A: Download the fix from the Rijndam thread

Q: Comic Con activity spawns in the wrong train and AI_Weekday crashes the game?
A: Download the fix from the Rijndam thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=814&p=10851#p10851

Q: AI trains only open some of their doors
A: This is a new intended 3.10 feature

Q: Simvliet 2013 and 2017 are missing
A: Because these feature no night mode, they were removed from 3.10

Q: Windows Smart Screen can't be reached right now
A: Click on more and start program

Q: How do I change the graphical settings?
A: Go to C:\Users\*your Username*\AppData\Local\MetroSimulator and delete the render.cfg

Q: The manuals are missing
A: Download them here: http://www.trainzdepot.net/index.php/th ... #post30972 (second post)

Q: The cake was a lie
A: Sorry for the inconvinience. Please comment here, an employee of the enrichment center will help you as soon as possible

And probably the most important rule: if for whatever reason it does not work, and you are seeking help, you must always:
- Mention it if you did not use the official installer but a third party zip file.
- Mention your operating system: right-click on 'my computer' and go to 'properties', mention both version and system type (64-bit or not).
- Mention your computer specifications, in particular processor and videocard: go to start and enter 'dxdiag', first tab should mention processor, second tab videocard.
Without this no support can be provided.

As it appears that multiple users are having the "file broken/corrupted" issue and a file of a smaller size than the actual file, please first check that the file is coming from sim.bemined.nl.
If it does, try runing a MD5 check on it. The website http://onlinemd5.com/ can be useful for that. I got the following MD5 hash out of a working Beta310.exe installer (105mb):
BEAB67906A237ED97A085ADBC4AD654A
If you still got the problem after multiple redownloads, please provide information about your browser, the time you tried the download, and the speed of your internet connection. Otherwise we can't help solving your problem.
Happy Metrosimming and drive safe, Mika
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 18 Feb 2017, 10:09, edited 9 times in total.
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
discord.io/trains

LosAngelesMetro56

Re: BETA 3.10 FAQ (Read before starting new topic!)

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 » 31 Dec 2016, 09:24

Some people just ignored the AI door feature completely
Lmao
Simvliet News Network
R.I.P Nippon Sharyo P865 fleet. Final car's retirement approaches Auguest 2018

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd » 31 Dec 2016, 09:45

The problems with the Rijndam Comic-con activity and AI-Weekday activity have been solved. I am stil trying to find the fault in the M4 activity.
I will post an activity update when I find the problem. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany » 31 Dec 2016, 10:09

@Sjoerd: Updated
@Michiel: Updated
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 31 Dec 2016, 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
discord.io/trains

Michiel
Site Admin

Post by Michiel » 31 Dec 2016, 10:15

And probably the most important rule: if for whatever reason it does not work, and you are seeking help, you must always:
- Mention it if you did not use the official installer but a third party zip file.
- Mention your operating system: right-click on 'my computer' and go to 'properties', mention both version and system type (64-bit or not).
- Mention your computer specifications, in particular processor and videocard: go to start and enter 'dxdiag', first tab should mention processor, second tab videocard.

midom5

Post by midom5 » 31 Dec 2016, 11:04

Michiel wrote:And probably the most important rule: if for whatever reason it does not work, and you are seeking help, you must always:

i have laptop and it dont installed 64 bit plz can u maaked beta 3.10 32 bit ?

Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 » 31 Dec 2016, 11:06

May I use some activities from 3.9 (like Express Line C) on 3.10, in Simvliet 2020 route?
Cheers from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

Trains are my favourite addiction! :D "Na entrada para os comboios, atenção à distância entre as portas e a plataforma".

MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany » 31 Dec 2016, 11:08

Michiel already answered this question. He said no, because 32 Bit PC are to laggy anyways if they would get 3.10. And as good retro gaming and Windows XP is, you need to go with the time. If you dont like Windows 10, there are also rare 64 Bit versions of XP and Win 7. Please stop spamming this question all over the forum. Thanks.

@Alfacinha315: Your qeustion was already answered as well. Please use the forum search.
discord.io/trains

Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd » 31 Dec 2016, 11:09

The update for de Rijndam activities can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=814&p=10851#p10851
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 » 31 Dec 2016, 11:44

Many thanks. Yesterday I downloaded the game, but can't find the folder with the consist. Is that normal? In Beta 3.9 this didn't happened...

EDIT: problem solved thanks to sjoerd post in Rijndam thread. Many thanks, sorry the confusion...
Cheers from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

Trains are my favourite addiction! :D "Na entrada para os comboios, atenção à distância entre as portas e a plataforma".