Beta 3.10

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Alfacinha315

Re: Beta 3.10

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Hi there! I would like to download the game into a USB pen repartition. Is that possible, so that I would be able to play the simulator in any computer?

Many thanks for the possible answer.
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
MP 85

Post by MP 85 »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Hi there! I would like to download the game into a USB pen repartition. Is that possible, so that I would be able to play the simulator in any computer?

Many thanks for the possible answer.
Just copy the installer file was downloaded to your USB stick, or then download 3.10.exe and change the download location :geek:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I would suggest trying this; copy the entire Metrosimulator folder (full installed and functional version) to your USB stick, and then try running it on another computer. Make sure that other computer is up to date, with the same DirectX version.
I can't try this myself, as I have only one computer capable of running metrosimulator. :D
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Question: is it possible to derail trains on the game? I am asking this because on MSTS and Trainz it was possible, so I don't know if on MetroSim beta there is a possible to cause an accident... :lol:
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

You can cause a few problems, yes. Like this one: viewtopic.php?p=6874#p6874
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Welp you can not really derail tho. While there is a way to drive a train out of bounds (or spawn it in a state that allows for going through the end of the tracks to be more specific), but everything that goes out of bounds in this game just respawns in a glitched state at the origin of the route. With a lot of effort that theoretically allows you to get only a single part (which still remains fully functional) of a two part train by sending the other half to the origin. Its also possible to get the train to some invisible tracks where it flies around.
But it would be boring if I told you everything or how to reach it already, as finding out how to do all of that is actually the most fun part.
(And uhm I didn't test if it still works like that in 3.10 as the point where it was very easy to do this was on a route that is no longer part of 3.10 and It takes some more effort to do it on the other routes, so I was to lazy to test out :P )

Greets, Mika
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Welp you can not really derail tho. While there is a way to drive a train out of bounds (or spawn it in a state that allows for going through the end of the tracks to be more specific), but everything that goes out of bounds in this game just respawns in a glitched state at the origin of the route. With a lot of effort that theoretically allows you to get only a single part (which still remains fully functional) of a two part train by sending the other half to the origin. Its also possible to get the train to some invisible tracks where it flies around.
But it would be boring if I told you everything or how to reach it already, as finding out how to do all of that is actually the most fun part.
(And uhm I didn't test if it still works like that in 3.10 as the point where it was very easy to do this was on a route that is no longer part of 3.10 and It takes some more effort to do it on the other routes, so I was to lazy to test out :P )

Greets, Mika
Rollercoaster EE from 3.9?
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Alfacinha315 wrote:Rollercoaster EE from 3.9?
Maybe. Maybe not. 8-)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
ProfessorWho

Post by ProfessorWho »

When was about to depart the station I tried pressing the confirm deadman button (~) but it didn't work. Is this a problem on my keyboard? :? Or a game problem instead?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

ProfessorWho wrote:When was about to depart the station I tried pressing the confirm deadman button (~) but it didn't work. Is this a problem on my keyboard? :? Or a game problem instead?
Did you set a path in the CVL?
From what station did you try to depart?