Multiplayer Vibe

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

LosAngelesMetro56

Multiplayer Vibe

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

If Multiplayer comes, would it feel like Run 8 Train Sim? That's my favorite Train Sim until Train Sim World.
Of course multiplayer wouldn't feel exactly like Run 8 because Run 8 is American Western Railways.
This is now a dead account.
Sjoerd

Re: Multiplayer Vibe

Post by Sjoerd »

What would the advantage of a multiplayer function in a train simulator program be? :?:
I said it before; I do see the benefits in strategy games, and simulators like a combat flight simulator, but not in train simulators; you are alone in the cab of your train, and you do not see the other players. Well, except when you are passing another train from the other direction, but even then; you don't know whether that other train is controlled by another player or by the AI.
And of course, you can always get players who are trolling the game by stopping their train in the middle of a junction, thereby blocking passage for all other trains, so you would always need a moderator keeping an eye on the CVL during sessions, who can kick out players who do things like that.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
luka23

Post by luka23 »

It would be cool if the walking feature would return, then you can travel whilst other players are driving the trains.
MetroSimGermany

Post by MetroSimGermany »

...I can already see the the trolls standing on the tracks blocking the trains...
The advantage I see would probably be talking to other train sim fans whilst playing, but that is already possible thanks to services like Hangout, Firefox Hello, Mega Chat, Teamspeak...

Also, we already have a Multiplayer topic, right? So please use that one and use the forum search

Greets ;)
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
LosAngelesMetro56

Post by LosAngelesMetro56 »

MetroSimGermany wrote:...I can already see the the trolls standing on the tracks blocking the trains...

Also, we already have a Multiplayer topic, right? So please use that one and use the forum search

Greets ;)
That's why there should be a hit and run or homicide feature. :twisted:

Also, I was just wanted to ask specifically on the feel of multiplayer.
All the trolls get banned on sight.
This is now a dead account.