DLR train photo (small request) [oBVE]

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

MetroSimGermany

DLR train photo (small request) [oBVE]

Post by MetroSimGermany »

Hey guys! I know we have transportation fans here from all over the world. I hope someone can help me.. ;)

I´ve been to London recently and so I re-installed OpenBVE on my PC, cause I know that nearly every TFL line has been made for BVE at some point, including the DLR. And even though it comes from BVE2 times and has poor graphics, the DLR happened to be my favourite.
Now I wanted to rework the graphics (and share them with you :) ), especially the train. I searched around the web but only found "normal" interieur pics. What I need is just the front windows. Like this old thing:
Doesn´t matter what kinda train it is. The old one or the B09, as long as it is in exaptable resolution.
Also a straight front pic (should be possible at any of the terminuses eccept Bank) and if possible the train side, would be nice, so I can rework the other trains standing around.
If someone has the OpenBVE version of the DLR (with automatic train driving, station announcements and a train with a cockpit) it would be nice if he could share this package with the people at http://londonbvetube.weebly.com/ since the new version is gone missing and they are searching for a provisional package (too bad my BVE backup with F92, Japanese routes and the new DLR has gone cause of a computer fail :? ).
Other things like houses should be possible to be sampleled from various pics.

Mika aka MetroSimGermany
Support auf Deutsch? Kein Problem! Ich helfe gerne per PM. ;)
Sjoerd

Re: DLR train photo (small request) [oBVE]

Post by Sjoerd »

You could try making a screenshot from various "cabride" video's on youtube, like this one: https://youtu.be/EJgXMosWTgg?t=55s

This picture is good too; it shows the opened manual drivers controls:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _front.JPG

In detail:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... esk-01.jpg

Or this one:
http://www.thetrams.co.uk/dlr/pictures/ ... iginal.jpg

;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 27 Oct 2016, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
MetroSimGermany

Thank you for your fast answer. Planned to make two versions anyways, when a pic with opened controls is found.

However, the first one has a bit too small resolution. Maybe I stretch out the cab controls a bit and merge it with the second pic...
Thanim1254

Post by Thanim1254 »

I live in London and the nearest DLR station is Limehouse. There are two types of trains that run on the DLR. Maybe someone could make a map of the DLR in MetroSim
MetroSimGermany

It looks good so far, even the merged controlboard does not seem misplaced. (Can´t take a screenshot. For some reason it only shows the desktop behind open BVE)
However, blue hiss appears at the edges of the windows. This is paint.net's fault, because bucket tool and brush do also cause colors in between grey and blue. But idk any other (free) graphic program that just replaces every pixel with the color #1513B2, #3229BD, #3229BD and #100B92 with #0000FF. So if anyone knows such a program, please comment or PM me! :!: ;)

Greets, Mika

@thanim: Oui! Been to Limehouse last week. Beautiful houses. Near Mudchute is also very nice!
Actually I thought about either making the DLR or Nuremberg U-Bahn as my first route if editor releasese. But don´t tell anyone :D
Thanim1254

Post by Thanim1254 »

@metrosimgermany cool. You've seen Canary Wharf?
MetroSimGermany

Thanim1254 wrote:@metrosimgermany cool. You've seen Canary Wharf?
Well kinda. I drove through with the DLR, wondering why it is necessary to have a station every 50m. We have enough office towers here too, so I did not really need to leave the train there. Like I said, the region at Mudchute with the old houses (came from Greenwich :D via foot tunnel) is really nice.
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.19.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.19.06.jpeg (114.18 KiB) Viewed 6160 times
The calm lovely Millwall Dock arm near Mudchute station
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.41.47.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.41.47.jpeg (214.64 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
Canary Wharf (what I´ve seen so far)

Pic removed on request. Stand by for later reupload of changed pic
Last edited by MetroSimGermany on 30 Oct 2016, 06:40, edited 2 times in total.
MetroSimGermany

(2/2)

WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.55.07.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 17.55.07.jpeg (245.95 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
My place of view :D Unfurtunately I couldn´t use that for oBVE cause people in the way. Was the only photo I took. Didn ´t think about the BVE use at that time...
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 18.02.05.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-22 at 18.02.05.jpeg (182.16 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
Next day I´ve been to Camden Town and then to Limehouse (there´s a nice marina). On the way back I took a NR Bus. I was surprised by how good and luxurious it looked from the insided, because in my opinion it looks awful from the outside... Changed at Tower Hill and catched a "old" Routemaster with CCTV and LED backlights :lol:
Here during pause at trafalgar square...
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-23 at 18.51.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2016-10-23 at 18.51.10.jpeg (216.33 KiB) Viewed 6215 times
*Sorry for low quality. These are smartphone pictures and sized down for sending via Internet.
**Sorry for doublepost. Postimage (my standard hoster for forum posting) is going down, so I had to do everything as attachment here.

Mika aka MetroSimGermany
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

MetroSimGermany wrote:Postimage (my standard hoster for forum posting) is going down, so I had to do everything as attachment here.
I have just seen the bad news on there too. I have been using Postimage too for a long time.
Does anyone know of a comparable alternative?

Ofcourse we can use the attachment function on this forum, but I don't really like using it for screenshots as it doesn't display large pictures very well (unless you like looking at pictures by scrolling up and down).

Great pictures of London!
Last time I was there I explored the entire DLR network, ofcourse trying to get that front seat on each part of it :D
I did not know about that foot tunnel. For the next time I am in London, where can I find it?
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
senjer

Post by senjer »

I use Imgur or Photobucket, both are free and easy to use.