Rijndam

General discussions

Moderators: senjer, Tom

User avatar
Sjoerd
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 21:14
Location: Leiden

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd » 04 Feb 2019, 06:45

LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 04:30
... now I see it is obsolete due to that it is only Rijndam 1985 that's getting the narrow gauge line. Am I correct?
Only Rijndam 2006. The Rijndam 1985 map was build using Rijndam 2016 as a basis, and back then I had not build the railway part of the network yet. ;)

The tracks are done, the new signalling is in place; now it is just running tests and thinking of timetables.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

User avatar
MP 85
Posts: 413
Joined: 02 Jan 2017, 16:11
Location: France

Re: Rijndam

Post by MP 85 » 04 Feb 2019, 08:01

Good work
Image
When the HSM goes at that speed :D

User avatar
Alfacinha315
Posts: 795
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 14:20

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 » 04 Feb 2019, 12:24

https://www.rijndam.nl/ So, I just found this website, and I had to make a connection with that city... :lol:
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

User avatar
Alfacinha315
Posts: 795
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 14:20

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 » 04 Feb 2019, 12:28

Sjoerd wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 06:45
LosAngelesMetro56 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 04:30
... now I see it is obsolete due to that it is only Rijndam 1985 that's getting the narrow gauge line. Am I correct?
Only Rijndam 2006. The Rijndam 1985 map was build using Rijndam 2016 as a basis, and back then I had not build the railway part of the network yet. ;)

The tracks are done, the new signalling is in place; now it is just running tests and thinking of timetables.
And in 1985 was the line between Rijndam Centraal and Rijndam Buitenvelden (temporarily?) closed? Or it was inaugurated later?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

User avatar
Sjoerd
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 21:14
Location: Leiden

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd » 05 Feb 2019, 20:08

I had not build the railway at that point.... But if I had, that station would have been there and in service, just like in the 2006 network. But probably with a bit more rural look; just outside the city. ;)
And no; I am not going to build it; it isn't possible to copy parts of scenery from another map, and I am not going to rebuild the area from the ground up; that would never have enough accuracy.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

User avatar
Alfacinha315
Posts: 795
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 14:20

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 » 06 Feb 2019, 12:35

Since there's no information about it on the Wiki, let me put this question: do SG2 type Bursa support ZUB? I made an activity in which these trains run between Noordvliet and Panbos (as this section has overhead whires), but all I got were delays...
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

RotterdamMetroLover
Posts: 461
Joined: 23 Jan 2017, 15:21
Location: Somewhere in this blue world.

Re: Rijndam

Post by RotterdamMetroLover » 06 Feb 2019, 14:02

Alfacinha315 wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 12:35
Since there's no information about it on the Wiki, let me put this question: do SG2 type Bursa support ZUB? I made an activity in which these trains run between Noordvliet and Panbos (as this section has overhead whires), but all I got were delays...
I tried that before, the answer is no.

User avatar
Sjoerd
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 21:14
Location: Leiden

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd » 06 Feb 2019, 14:26

Only the SG2 "RR" are equipped with ZUB.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D

User avatar
Michiel
Site Admin
Posts: 1819
Joined: 11 Sep 2011, 13:32

Re: Rijndam

Post by Michiel » 06 Feb 2019, 17:50

Alfacinha315 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:24
https://www.rijndam.nl/ So, I just found this website, and I had to make a connection with that city... :lol:
Fun fact: that one is actually in the announcements of the RET metro at Eendrachtsplein, so the RET vehicles actually have an audio fragment that says "Rijndam".

User avatar
Alfacinha315
Posts: 795
Joined: 16 Sep 2016, 14:20

Re: Rijndam

Post by Alfacinha315 » 06 Feb 2019, 18:12

Michiel wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 17:50
Alfacinha315 wrote:
04 Feb 2019, 12:24
https://www.rijndam.nl/ So, I just found this website, and I had to make a connection with that city... :lol:
Fun fact: that one is actually in the announcements of the RET metro at Eendrachtsplein, so the RET vehicles actually have an audio fragment that says "Rijndam".
Cool... :lol:
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.

Post Reply