Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

EddyQ10Trains

Re: Rijndam

Post by EddyQ10Trains »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:09 Normal service on all lines on the metro network, and a few specials;
-> Rijndam 2006: a track maintenance scenario, causing some alterations in the services on lines M1, M2 and M3. (Seen from the perspective of different lines)
-> Rijndam 2020: Depot transfer (out of service from depot Molenwijk at line M1 to depot Blaak at line M6), and a night metro (seen from nightline N1 or line N4).
Nightline cool.
Member of Parliment {House of Representatives/Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal} for Leidsebuurt and Haarlemmerplein

Still a curious geezer :lol: :lol:
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 11:09 Normal service on all lines on the metro network, and a few specials;
-> Rijndam 2006: a track maintenance scenario, causing some alterations in the services on lines M1, M2 and M3. (Seen from the perspective of different lines)
-> Rijndam 2020: Depot transfer (out of service from depot Molenwijk at line M1 to depot Blaak at line M6), and a night metro (seen from nightline N1 or line N4).
That remembers me the Night Tube service, at London. Nice! ;)

About depot Blaak, is it bigger or smaller than Molenwijk? Does it also has workshop for the rolling stock maintenance?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Alfacinha315 wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 14:13 About depot Blaak, is it bigger or smaller than Molenwijk? Does it also has workshop for the rolling stock maintenance?
Much smaller; 4 tracks, fully underground. For maintenance, metro's have to go to Molenwijk. Hence this activity; you are starting inside the Molenwijk workshop, and return a metro to depot Blaak.
In order not to disrupt normal service too much, this transport is done in the evening. You drive (without stopping at stations) Depot Molenwijk ->
Molenwijk -> CS -> Stadhuis -> Museumkwartier -> Guggenheim museum -> connecting track to M6 -> Burgt -> Stadhuis -> Janewaypark -> Blaak -> depot Blaak.
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd, look, an perfect use for your RijndamRail Sprinters... :lol:
Attachments
RijndamRail cargo.jpg
RijndamRail cargo.jpg (192.59 KiB) Viewed 8531 times
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Sjoerd wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 14:18
Alfacinha315 wrote: 16 Aug 2017, 14:13 About depot Blaak, is it bigger or smaller than Molenwijk? Does it also has workshop for the rolling stock maintenance?
Much smaller; 4 tracks, fully underground. For maintenance, metro's have to go to Molenwijk. Hence this activity; you are starting inside the Molenwijk workshop, and return a metro to depot Blaak.
In order not to disrupt normal service too much, this transport is done in the evening. You drive (without stopping at stations) Depot Molenwijk ->
Molenwijk -> CS -> Stadhuis -> Museumkwartier -> Guggenheim museum -> connecting track to M6 -> Burgt -> Stadhuis -> Janewaypark -> Blaak -> depot Blaak.
Thank you, once again! ;)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

@Sjoerd Is it possible to make something like this for Rijndam 2020, like in Simvliet?

Last edited by Jim2016 on 01 May 2018, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

It is possible, but I do not want to do that; Personally, I see no reason to add line numbers to the station name signs. As lines may change from time to time (in name, number or route), that would then result in the need to change all station name signs along those lines. And on stations with multiple platforms, multiple station name sign objects would be needed (in the Stadhuis example, line M6 passes under M1 using it's own platforms), as you should not put "M6" on a station name sign on an M1-only platform.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Not entirely on topic, but something I wanted to show you. A few days ago I visited the real Denia station in Spain. As I have told you earlier, a large part of the the real Denia railway (officially Alicante tram line L9) is closed for renovation. Here is how it looks now in real life:

(The ticket office was opened, probably to sell tickets for the train replacement bus service to Calp)

Looking at the new platform edges where the truck is standing, it looks like the 4th track (visible on Google Earth; https://goo.gl/maps/ns77pyA2aE12) isn't comming back. So, the new situation will be more like my 3-track recreation at the end of Metrosimulator Rijndam line M5.

The next day (last friday), I went to Calp, the current terminus of the line, and I took the train (the one which should be running to Denia) to Benidorm (where I transfered to a {real} tram to Alicante; from Benidorm to Alicante, the line is electrified, which is also the planned future for Benidorm-Calp-Denia).

(Picture taken at Benidorm)

(Picture taken at Benidorm, trough the side window, standing on the platform)

(Picture taken at Calp)

Now you have an idea about the real situation at Denia, where I got my inspiration. ;)
Last edited by Sjoerd on 02 May 2018, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
1337GamerOfRoblox

Post by 1337GamerOfRoblox »

Sjoerd wrote: 03 Sep 2017, 01:40 Not entirely on topic, but something I wanted to show you. A few days ago I visited the real Denia station in Spain. As I have told you earlier, a large part of the the real Denia railway (officially Alicante tram line L9) is closed for renovation. Here is how it looks now in real life:

(The ticket office was opened, probably to sell tickets for the train replacement bus service to Calp)

Looking at the new platform edges where the truck is standing, it looks like the 4th track (visible on Google Earth; https://goo.gl/maps/ns77pyA2aE12) isn't comming back. So, the new situation will be more like my 3-track recreation at the end of Metrosimulator Rijndam line M5.

The next day (last friday), I went to Calp, the current terminus of the line, and I took the train (the one which should be running to Denia) to Benidorm (where I transfered to a {real} tram to Alicante; from Benidorm to Alicante, the line is electrified, which is also the planned future for Benidorm-Calp-Denia).

(Picture taken at Benidorm)

(Picture taken at Benidorm, trough the side window, standing on the platform)

(Picture taken at Calp)

Now you have an idea about the real situation at Denia, where I got my inspiration. ;)
Didn't you go on holiday to show this?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

Yes, I was on holiday. I have just returned. I waited posting this until I got back, as I believe it is a bad idea to tell the world "hey, I am not at home for a while now" -> burglars don't go on vacations, but they do read things like this. So also on facebook; I never post vacation pictures until I am home again. ;)