Rijndam

General discussions

Moderator: senjer

Sjoerd

Re: Rijndam

Post by Sjoerd »

Ryan_3247 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:10 Ithink the airport shuttle could be T4
Wiki Rijndam 2020 wrote: The Airport Shuttleservice is a short line connecting the airport terminals with several parking lots near the airport. It is operated by the Airport Authority, separate from the Rijndam metro network. The line is provided as a free service to passengers.
http://sim.bemined.nl/wiki/Rijndam_2020 ... tleservice
It's not a tramline, it's a metro line. And it is operated by the airport on it's own infrastructure, so it does not require a line number in the Rijndam system. ;)
CEO of the Rijndam Electrical Transport company :D
paddybannon

Post by paddybannon »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:03 It's being considered. As for line T3 in Rijndam 2022 a few kilometers of new track & scenery is being added, I'll have to take other parts out in compensation. This is due to the fact that the network has gotten too big for some computers to handle, and I do not want to make it worse.
Rijndam 2022 is just planned to be an add-on download (not build-in); Rijndam 2020 is staying, with all the railwaylines and the airportshuttle intact.
In Rijndam 2022, the taken out parts will (at the connecting stations) just look like the're temporary out of service. ;)
The airportshuttle is a good candidate to go out of this one, as it is pretty much a stand-alone line (with a lot of scenery which your computer needs to load every time you open the network), with only one connecting station.
So will Rijndam Airport station in 2022 will just be M4 with no airport shuttle. Or will it be like an abandoned railway.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

I'll probably make the entrances to the airportshuttle platforms look like they are temporary closed off, and then remove most of the line so it does not need to be loaded anymore when you open the network.
paddybannon

Post by paddybannon »

Sjoerd wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:28 I'll probably make the entrances to the airportshuttle platforms look like they are temporary closed off, and then remove most of the line so it does not need to be loaded anymore when you open the network.
Sounds great :)
Jim2016

Post by Jim2016 »

Is there a possibility to make a version for better computers by not removing scenery if you have kept a backup of 2022?
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

No have not removed anything yet at this time. So that is still a possibility.

Today, I have inputted the old line M5 into the test activity. On the first testrun, I discovered a ZUB malfunction for metro's from Lierdijk to Westwoud, where the tramline connects. I managed to solve it (after about an hour of making changes and doing testruns I discovered the ZUB transponder on the track was not configured correctly, so the speed-information from the CVL didn't reach the train :lol: ).
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

When Rindam 2022 will be released? Will you create a page on the Wiki?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
Sjoerd

Post by Sjoerd »

When it's finished. It is progressing pretty good, so it won't be very long.
And yes, a wiki page will be made later.
Any specific thing you'd like to know about the route, just ask here. ;)
Alfacinha315

Post by Alfacinha315 »

Ok. Well, just a quick question... As there will be lines out of service, will you also remove some rolling stock from this map?
Greetings from Lisbon, the capital city of Portugal.
<Swaggerboy>

Post by <Swaggerboy> »

Is the tram track to Transferium Rijndijk stil open or will that also be like the AirPort shuttle??